Chapter 21

Stephen doesn't really approve of Dec fucking around with boy like Ant. To be fair, Dec doesn't think it's smart either. Somehow, it just keeps on happening.

Dec finally invites Stephen round to his house one day after school, because they've hung out alot less than what they used too before Dec starting spending way too much time with Ant. Stephen walked in, greets Dec's parents before running upstairs, shutting the door, and yelling at him.

"Dec, are you mental?"

Dec sighs. He was expecting this, of course, and as his best mate Stephen is supposed to do this. "How'd you even know?"

"Obviously not from you, because you've been ignoring me for Mcpartlin for the last few weeks and fucking Mcpartlin." Stephen finally takes a breath to calm himself down. "I heard Simon talking about it to his mate, for whatever reason. They're always talking about all the shit Ant has done in the past. Apparently his girlfriend or someone caught you and Mcpartlin making out in the middle of the night. Like, right out in the middle of your street. Ugh, that's so gross."

Dec stays quiet. Hearing it out loud makes hin seem even more stupid, and it makes it seem even worse.

Stephen sighs, sitting down on Dec's bed. Look, Declan, i don't want to lecture you. But Christ, you're such an idiot at times. Did that actually happen? Don't do those things if you don't want people knowing."

"We weren't making out! I serious. I swear it, nothing happened that night. Nothing ever happened."

"Really?"

"Well, except this one night-"

"No!" Stephen interrupts. "Don't. I don't want to know anything you do with that boy, for christ sake. Just leave it me my innocence. But were you out with him at midnight? Who does that?"

Dec sighs. "I mean, he text me. We were both awake and just met up. It's not like we fucked outside or anything. We may have kissed, like, once at most."

Stephen looks at him in disbelief, and Dec doesn't blame him. "Dec. What are you trying to do? What do you think is going to happen? Your more sensitive than you admit. Your going to get your heart broken."

"Stephen, shut up. Please. I know. I know I'm an idiot, and i know what I'm getting myself into. But maybe i should lighten up, don't ya think?"

He can almost tell how Stephen is internally screaming by the expression on his face. "Fucking hell, Dec. You can almost hear the fact that you've been spending too much time with Ant." He stares for a second before speaking again. "Look, do whatever you want. I can't stop you. But please, don't do anything stupid, yeah?"

It's a little late for that, Dec thinks, but he remains silent.

"Let's just go play a game or something. That's enough about Ant. You're still my best mate."

He hears his phone beep, he pulls out his phone to have a quick glance at the notification. Of course, it's Ant. Stephen just flashes him a glance and he puts his phone back in his pocket.

He really can't let Ant take up this much of his life.

After Stephen leaves him, Dec reads the message.

Ant Mcpartlin: Can you come over or something?? Or i come over or whatever?

Dec thinks back to the things Stephen has said. He really does spend too much time with Ant.

Declan ;) : How come?

Ant Mcpartlin: Nah no reason just wanted to know if you could.