Chapter 18

When Ant texts Dec at midnight, Dec is skeptical to answer. Other than that, of course he's tired. He was half asleep when the sound of his phone wakes him up.

Ant Mcpartlin: you awake?

Dec can barely stare at his screen in the darkness, and if the text wasn't from Ant, he probably wouldn't have bother answering. But, of course, the same force that's somehow dragging Dec down to falling for Ant is making Dec have to answer at midnight.

Declan ;) : what do you want? It's midnight.

Ant Mcpartlin: you.

Ant Mcpartlin: im kidding.

Ant Mcpartlin: well, not really.

Dec sighs, rolling his eyes at the text, though he does smile a little. Everything Ant does seems to be stupid, but Dec doesn't mind it much anymore.

Declan ;) : shut up, Ant. Seriously, why are you awake?

Ant Mcpartlin: it's only midnight, Baby Boy. Its not that late. You're just such a mama's boy, who's not supposed to be up this late.

Declan ;) : yeah, maybe. But I should be going back to bed soon anyways. We have school tomorrow; you should sleep too.

Ant Mcpartlin: nah.

Ant Mcpartlin: come over?

Declan ;) : It's midnight. My parents are home. There are a million reasons why i can't do that.

Ant Mcpartlin: Lighten up.

Ant Mcpartlin: Meet me by the giant tree. Ya kna, the one beside my house. I'll see ya there.

Of course, Dec knows this isn't a good idea. He knows nothing good has ever come from spending time with Ant Mcpartlin, but regardless, there's something in his head making him want to go anyways.

His parents are asleep, and he's still slightly nervous that he'll get caught. Still, he gets through the feeling, grabbing a jacket and a pair of jeans, left his pajama shirt on. He can't be bothered for more. It's already midnight. There's not much time to waste.

Outside, he still can't see Ant at first. Everything is darkened, barely lit up by the street lights lined all down the street. He had to walk closer to the tree to find Ant sitting there, leaning on it, and has to walk closer to be able to see Ant grinning and watching Dec.

"Hey, Pretty Boy."

Dec rolls his eyes. The air is relatively cold and he's extremely tired, but he doesn't really mind it. It feels rebellious to be sneaking out, but it feels exciting.

"Hey, Ant."

"Didn't think that you'd actually show up, ya kna."

"Yeah? Maybe im not as much of good boy as you thought, ya kna."

Ant rolls his eyes. "Nah. You're as much of a nerdy good boy as you always are." He motions for Dec to sit beside him.

Dec grins slightly, sitting beside Ant. He looks down the street once, from his house to Ant's. There's not one house lit on the street, because in a small area like this, everyone sleeps early.

"Our street sucks," Dec says. He isn't even meaning to talk. It's just his mouth moving before his tired mind has time to keep up.

"There's nothing to do," Ant replies. "Probably why im reduced to smoking and drinking just for some resource of entertainment."

"You don't have to, ya kna. We could make more out of this damn town. It's not that bad."

"It is that bad. There's no one interesting. Well, i mean, there's you. You're not as close-minded if you try not to be. And you're going to have a future. Good luck with that."