Chapter 24

Dec promises himself that he'll stay together while talking to Ant this time. He can't keep repeating the same cycle of getting mad at Ant, but falling for him anyways.

Ant suggests meeting at his house, and Dec doesn't really care where it is. He gets ready as usual, and after school, he makes his way over to Ant's house. It takes all he has to not return back home. He already feels humiliated, for whatever reason.

Ant answers the door, tells his mother that Dec is over in record time, and drags Dec upstairs as quick as possible. Dec bites back any sarcastic remarks about how quick he's being right now, as though this is something urgent.

"Okay, we have to talk," Ant says. He sits down on his head, and waits for Dec to do the same.

Dec sighs and sits down. "About what?"

"I-" Ant pauses. "Okay, i don't know exactly what to say or how I'm supposed to say it. But i need you to not be mad."

Dec thinks about it for a minute. "Okay, that part i can apologise for. I know I said i wasn't going to be mad. I just got overwhelmed with so many emotions, and i shouldn't have gone off at you." He takes a deep breath. "Sorry about the stuff that i said."

"That's fine," Ant answers quickly. "That's not what i want to talk about."

"What do you want?"

"Have you ever had like feelings for anyone."

"I mean, yeah. That's a stupid question, Ant."

"Well, i still think i kind of do but, well, erm, for you."

Dec takes a moment to process this, because this goes against anything he's thought about Ant before. "The bet is over and-"

"Yeah, yeah, i know. The stupid bet is done. I slept with you or whatever. U don't care about the bet. I didn't."

"You didn't tell anyone about the bet, did you? I never heard about that. No one's taunted me for that- not even Stephen. So, unless all your friends have suddenly become nice people, I'm guessing you didn't tell?"

Ant nods slowly.

"Why didn't you?"

"I don't know. I don't want to ruin you. I don't want you to feel bad for me doing something stupid again because I'm kind of an asshole."

"Yeah, you kind of are," he replies bitterly. But then he pauses, because he still can't take it all in. It's all happening to quickly. "Is this for another bet or something?"

"Look, i know I've been an asshole in the past. To you. To everyone else. But i need you to trust me on this. I kind of like you Declan."

He tries not to look skeptical, but the words do come out much to easily. "I kind of like you too, Anth."

"Does that mean-" Ant pauses because he isn't sure what to say.

Dec doesn't say another word. Every other detail in the room is what he tries to focus on instead. The fan, the bedsheets, and hiw close Ant is to him.

Maybe Ant is a detail that he ends uo focusing on nonetheless.

"I can't just trust you like that," Dec answers. "Im afraid to do that anyways. But i don't particularly hate you or anything."

"Is that supposed to reassure me or something?"

"No," Dec answers. "Ant, you slept with me for a bet. Do you know how humiliating that is?"

"You were fine with it."

"That doesn't matter. You can't try and do people's emotions like that."

There's silence for a second, to the point Dec can hear Ant take a breath. "I didn't sleep with you for the bet."

"What?"

"I didn't fuck you because my mates wanted me to, first of all. I did that because i wanted to. Just like everything else. Maybe i didn't approach everything in the best possible manner, but it was all willingly. I liked the dates, the kisses, even the project. I don't know. It sounds stupid, i get that, but- i don't know how else to say it. I don't like people often. Not like that, anyways. "

"You're rambling, Anth."

Ant forces a smile that looks almost rueful. "Am i?"

"It's fine," Dec answers. "I dont really mind. I get what you're trying to say, i just don't know if I can believe all that."

"I don't blame you," Ant says, adding a laugh that seems almost bitter. And this is a totally different idea of Ant Mcpartlin, Dec realises. Not the Ant Mcpartlin that tries flirting with everybody or the Ant Mcpartlin who drinks and that. This is Ant Mcpartlin, alone with Declan Donnelly, not trying to impress anyone.

Dec considers it a moment, but he doesn't answer. Instead, he falls back onto Ant's bed, not caring what Ant thinks. He just stays quiet, staring up at the ceiling. Of course he wants to say yes. This is what he's wanted Ant to say this entire time, but it never works out this perfectly, especially not with Ant Mcpartlin.

"Maybe we should go on a date or something," Dec suggests coolly. "If, ya kna, you won't pretend you're using me for a bet again if we get caught."

"I'm sorry about that too. I have a lot to be sorry for. I'm not ashamed of you, really. I guess I've kind of been thinking about how you said i care about my reputation and all too much, and i don't really give a shit what people think, or i shouldn't, anyways. I like you and that's really all that matters with that. "

"You talk a lot when you let yourself say what you want."

"Should i stop?"

"No, i like this a lot better. When you're saying what you want rather than trying to look all cool and badass."

"I am badass," Ant laughs.

"Oh, shut up," Dec laughs aswell. "You're just an idiot."

"I am not," Ant argues.

"You honestly are, but you're my idiot."

"So then, was that a yes to the date thing?"

Dec doesn't hesitate. "Yeah, i suppose. One date, we'll see how that goes. Then we'll see what happens later on."

Ant grins, genuinely this time. Not a flirty half smirk, but a genuine smile. "Can i get a kiss now?"

Dec rolls his eyes, but kisses Ant once anyways. "I'll see you tomorrow at school."

"And after school tomorrow for our date," Ant adds, and Dec just smiles.

AN- Oooo, they finally admitted how they felt. Hope ya like this chapter and I'll do another chapter about their date if ya want? X
Thanks. Xx