Chapter 10

Dec has come to terms with the fact that Ant won't be getting any less confusing anytime soon.

It seems Ant is changing too often. One second, he's trying to get Dec in bed. Then the moment Dec finally let lets him, he declines.

Ant's an unpredictable person, and before this whole incident, Dec had never noticed. He'd figured Ant was a shallow person, exactly what he seemed like. And sometimes Dec feels as though he's only telling himself this because he subconsciously wants Ant to love him, but he thinks there's another side to Ant. There's just an ego and reputation he's obsessed with keeping up in the way.

This time, it feels as though its Ant who's avoiding him, even if only for two days. Dec figures its probably just because Ant's afraid Dec's going to ask questions. Dec does have questions, but he feels as though asking would be getting himself stuck even deeper into this mess.

And even where he's already at, he can't seem to manage to get himself out.

-

Dec's always used to rushing through the corridors, getting to his class before most other kids do. Unless he's talking to Stephen for a moment, he usually has no delays in getting to his next classes.

Apparently, now other people have noticed Ant's interest in him.

Dec's headed to second period, and of course, he doesn't expect anything strange to happen. He hasn't spoken to Ant since the incident, and all he expects at most would be Ant coming up to him in the corridors again to attempt getting to bed Declan.

However, right before reaching the class, he feels someone tug him back by his backpack.

At first, he figures its probably Ant. He expects to see Ant, smirking and muttering something along the lines of 'hey, Baby Boy,' or some other flirty line like that.

Instead, its Simon. And Dec knows that he's no good. He's one of Ant mates, and as far as Dec has heard, Simon is even worse. Ant is known as bad because he fucks as many people as he possibly can. But Simon on the other hand, has been known to get fights with whoever he can.

"Donnelly, hey," Simon smriks. It isn't a flirty smirk like Ant's, its more mischievous and worrying Dec. People like Simon dont talk to people like Dec without a good reason to.

Dec stays quiet, but Simon nudges his shoulder a little too roughly. "Hey, Donnelly," he repeats.

"What do you want?" Dec asks. He wonders if Simon is here because he knows about the dare, because that's the only thing that seems reasonable.

"Aren't you the little boy that's into Mcpartlin?" Simon asks. Dec can feel himself backing up a bit, subconsciously trying to leave. It fight or flee, and Dec isn't the one to fight.

And for once Dec decides it would be better to lie. "No."

"No? I've heard your after him aren't you?"

By this point a few more people are watching, trying to be discreet. It's school, of course everyone is going to crowd around when they think there's going to be a fight.

"No, Simon," Declan insists. "He has this bet that's all."

"I know all about the bet. Ant says you kissed him, didn't you?"

Dec bites the inside of his cheek. If he says yes, everyones going to end up knowing. Word spreads like wildfire when it has to do with Anthony Mcpartlin.

"Why the hell do you care?" Dec says trying to maintain confidence, but at the same time, not wanting to go too far.

"You didn't fuck him either, we all know. He would have won the bet then," Simon shrugs. "Aw does Pretty Boy want a relationship with Ant?"