Chapter 15

Ant leaves and goes home after about five thousand make out sessions later, and that's not a good thing for Dec. If it's just and his parents he has some explaining to do.

It's hard to explain it, because he doesn't want to talk about Ant. It isn't like Ant and him are dating. To be honest, Dec's not entirely sure what they are, but he tries to avoid thinking about it. They're not boyfriends, and that's probably what his mam thinks.

"Hello, Dec."

For whatever reason, Dec doesn't bother replying.

"Did you boyfriend leave?" she asks, smiling at her son. Dec just starts blushing.

"Mam, he isn't my boyfriend."

His dad hasn't bothered to pay much attention, but suddenly looks up fron the TV. Dec doesn't like all this attention.

"Hm?" His mam responded, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"I know, i know. You saw us kissing on the bed."

Do i need to talk to you about-"

"No! No, i know all that. Please don't do that," Dec begs, his face still a light shade of red. "We're not dating."

"Are yiu just friends then? What's going on?" she asks. "I'm sorry i haven't been able to talk to you much recently due to being stuck working late and all, but I'd just like to know if my son has a boyfriend, im not mad or angry, I'd be very happy for you."

"I know," Dec mumbles. "I don't really know what's going on with me and Ant either," he admits.

"Nothing too far though, right?" His dad now joins in on the conversation and Dec isn't to sure how to answer.

"Dad!" he feels himself turning a darker shade of red. "No, we didn't."

Although what happened the other night with all the handjobs and that, Dec didn't really class it as 'too far' but  ain't no way in hell that he's gonna bring that up anytime soon or even at all.

"Just be careful, Declan," she gives him a smile. Dec's really likes the fact that his mam and dad that they are accepting and don't seem annoyed with him.

"Well just going to point out that you both seemed into it," she chuckles.

"Maybe," Dec mumbles, at the same time. But Dec can't start getting annoyed with her for asking questions because he knows she's always looking out for him and always treats him like a child as he's the youngest.

But one thing for certain that he will never tell his mam and that's how Ant is the biggest fuckboy in school.

She goes over to Dec and gives him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, Dec just laughs and wriggles his way out of her grip before heading upstairs.

-

Sunday passes, and Dec only sees Ant once. It was when he was going to take the rubbish out, and he happens to Ant leaning on the wall outside the front of his house, across the street. He has a fag between his lips, and to Dec he looks like he's a model from a photography book. It takes Ant a moment to notice Dec but he takes the fag out of his mouth to blow a puff of smoke and grins at Dec. Dec can't help but just smile back.

He half hopes Ant would come over and talk to him, but he doesn't. Still, he's only got a day till Ant's going to be in class with him again.

That's still a problem, he realises. He's so afraid of what Ant could tell everyone else. Dec was digging himself into a deeper hole everytime he kissed him. He never really cared about his social status, but if Ant said a word, Dec was dead. No one would live it down if they found out Declan Donnelly, definitely the brightest kid in his year, had let himself fall for Bad Boy, Ant Mcpartlin.