Chapter 27

Dec wakes up the next morning in Ant's arms, and he'd be be lying if he said he wasn't happy about it. Maybe he didn't really expect Ant to leave, but he was half a mind worried that Ant would've left, maybe out of habit. Still, the fact Ant is here and Dec is in his arms makes Dec feel someway that turns him red and unable to stop the small grin plastered on his face.

Ant didn't notice, though. He's still asleep, and Dec enjoys how calm he looks. He doesn't want to wake Ant up, and mostly because he wouldn't mind staying like this a little bit longer. It's so warm anyways, and he has nothing better to do.

A few minutes later Ant slowly starts to wake, and Dec knows that he's now awake even though his eyes remain closed.

"Dec? Are you awake?"

"Yeah. Have been for a bit."

Ant yawns and sits up, finally, looking back at Dec. "Your hair is all messy and wavy. You look so hot, but yet so adorable."

Dec rolls his eyes, nudging Ant lightly, but still hasn't stopped smiling ever since he woke up. "Shut up, Anth."

"Make me, Donnelly."

Dec rolls his eyes once again but he kisses Ant chastely. He still looks tired, his eyes are heavy, and tousled hair from sleeping or maybe from previous activities, too. Sex hair or bed hair. Dec isn't completely sure.

Ant pulls away, smiles and brushes the hair out of Dec's face gently in a way that causes butterflies in his stomach. "Do your parents know that I'm here? Do i have to sneak out?"

"It'll be fine. Ya kna, as long as they didn't hear us last night or something. And i hope to God they didn't, because without no word of a doubt they'd ask me one thing to do with it, and seems like an awful discussion for me."

"And, taking the fact they know you like guys, particularly me," Ant smirks. "You don't think they're going to guess that anything happened between us? I mean, when another boy stays over night out of the blue, usually means they fu-"

Dec shoves Ant lightly again. He's blushing again. "Shut up, i know. I know. Just don't bring that up in front of my parents and we shouldn't have a problem." He adds under his breath. "Hopefully."

Dec goes downstairs first, and for a second he tries to figure out the best way to tell his parents that he has a boy upstairs."

"Uh, Mam?"

She looks up, glancing back at Declan where he is on the stairs. "Yes? Here, we have pancakes, come down here."

"A friend kind of, well, slept over last night. He was just really tired so i let him stay here, but i was too, so I didn't really get the chance to tell you. He's here now, is that okay?" He's speaking quickly but he's trying to sound honest. It's not really a lie, but he's leaving out a few key details.

She raises an eyebrow slightly, but she doesn't question it too much. "That's fine."

His father cuts in. "But try and tell us before hand tge next time you invite a friend over for the night, alright? Just a heads up."

Ant's down in a moment too, his hair styled up in a messy quiff in a useless attempt to make himself look less like he'd just rolled out of bed.

"Er, good morning, Mrs. Donnelly," he mumbles awkwardly.

"Morning, Ant."

Apparently she's caught on to his name, and Dec prays that isn't because she could hear what was being said last night between the locked door.

Breakfast goes along quickly, and she doesn't say too much about last night, and he's still afraid that she could bring it up when Ant's not there.