Chapter 6

Dec suggests that they watch a film to distract himself from Ant. However, that isn't working. Instead of distracting himself from Ant with the film, its kinda the opposite way round, he's now distracting himself from the film by thoughts of Ant.

He's sitting far away from Ant as he possibly can. He knows that he's definitely staring too often, but he's not sure if Ant realises. Even if he does notice it, he's choosing not to acknowledge it, or say it out loud and make him feel uncomfortable. Although he does look over at Dec maybe once or twice, and Dec immediately blushes and looks away, but Ant just grins. A genuine grin, not one of his stupid smirks.

Dec wonders if Ant really has changes. Maybe this really is a different side to him. Maybe Anthony David Mcpartlin is what everyone makes him out to be. Was that possible. Was it all just a facade. Was Dec just being ridiculous.

He remembered Stephens warnings. Stephen is usually right, but most of the time, so it Declan. That's Dec's thing, he was always right. So now, he was either being completely logical or not at all.

"You all right?" Ant asks at one point, breaking Dec away from his thoughts. "You're barely watching the film."

"Yeah, im alright. Don't you think we should get back to the project?" Dec asks. They haven't bothered doing anything with that in the last two hours. Dec doesn't even want to work, but he wants something to stop himself from wondering if it's logical to be falling for Ant.

Ant nearly laughs."We don't have to work the entire time. I promise we can still get an A, lighten up, Declan."

Lighten up. He guessed he was wrong, it turns out that Ant can't go a day without tell Dec to 'lighten up', but it seemed different now. It wasn't followed by 'Pretty Boy' or 'Baby Boy'. It sounded like something a friend would tell him, and he would have accepted them words from a friend.

But would that make Ant his friend?

He decides that was ridiculous. Ant doesn't make friends with people like Dec. He barely even made friends. Usually, he just talked with whoever until he was able to fuck them and then move on. When he got what he wanted, he didn't bother talking to them again.

It now occurs to Dec that that's probably what he's doing with him. Ant would fuck him, win the bet, and never bother talking or bothering with Dec at all.

Dec doesn't know why this thought is bringing him down so much.

Ant gets up and turns off the movie, obviously realising Dec doesn't really care about it much. "Let's do something else."

"There's nothing else to do," Dec mumbles.

"You have pretty eyes," Ant points out randomly. It seems that he can't even hold a conversation for longer than a minute, apparently.

"Thanks," Dec mumbles, smiling a bit.

Its not that the comment itself bothered him. He wouldn't mind being told that by pretty much anyone else, than Ant. It's just the fact that it's Ant. Ant, the one who doesn't really bother saying anything nice to people unless he ends up getting something out of it. And it doesn't seem like something Ant Mcpartlin would say to anyone. It was something that a cringey but cute couple would say in a film. Not a boy who just wants sex.

"You have a cute, little smile too," Ant continues. "Your just really cute and adorable overall."

Dec's trying not to blush, but at this moment in time he's finding it very difficult.

"Why are you telling me this?" Dec asks.

"Because it's the truth, your pretty cute," Ant shrugs coolly. "Well what else do you want me to say? Fit? Hot? Well actually i think you're all of those things too."