Chapter 9

For the entirety of the next week, Dec does as little talking to Ant as he possibly can. He avoids Ant whenever Ant tries to greet him at his locker or anywhere around the school. Whenever Ant asks him something in class, he gives a blunt answer and looks away. He doesn't want to talk to him. He doesn't want anything to do with Ant. He hates Ant, but this time it's different. This time, he wishes he hadn't had fallen for his charm. He wishes that he hadn't fallen for him.

He silently wishes that he'd never have to speak to Ant ever again, but he knows that would be impossible. They still had a project together, and Ant is refusing to let him do it alone. Not to mention, the bet was still on.

He was probably best off avoiding Ant. Yeah, granted, he was only running away from his problems, but this was the only method he could think of.

-

Ant finally talks to him, probably because he's realised that Dec's not going tobtalk to him. Except he doesn't physically speak to him. He just sends him a text during class. As though he doesn't know Dec's too much of a good to text in class. But once classes are over, Dec finally reads the text.

Ant Mcpartlin: Im coming over tonight to work on the project we haven't worked on the project in like a week.

Dec mentally sighs. Its been exactly a week, not 'like' a week. Seven days, and Declan has been mentally counting. He contemplates whether or not he should respond. Ant would be able to see that he's read the text, but he wouldn't be able to know if he was allowed to come or not.

Dec Donnelly: Fine. Whatever. Come over in about an hour if you want.

He finishes all the rest of his homework beforehand, like he always does right away after school. All he's wondering about is whether or not he should bring up the incident with Ant. Ant probably wouldn't even remember it, he's always sleeping with everyone he can, probably has no recollection of any of their names. Dec was only his main focus all because of that bet. If he didn't win the bet, it wouldn't matter that much.

It was probably a bigger deal to Dec than it was Ant. And yet, Dec was letting it hurt him. He knew they weren't exclusive, and that Ant eas expected to do just that. Still, he'd let Ant get inside his head. Ant seemed to be able to do that with anyone and everyone.

Stephen was probably right, Dec thinks.

-

When Dec hears the doorbell finally ring, he's immediately taken out of his thoughts but decides to take his time to answer it. When he finally does answer the door, he let's Ant in without saying a word.

"Hey," Ant says coolly.

Dec holds back his urge to tell Ant to fuck off, but doesn't as he's here to work on the project. "Yeah, hey."

"You haven't spoke to me in a while," Ant brings up.

"We're here for the project," Dec insists. He quickly sits down on the sofa motioning for Ant to come over.

Ant raises an eyebrow, sitting down close to Dec. "Baby, why don't you tell me whats wrong?"

Dec feels like yelling. Instead, he takes in a deep breath, biting his lip. "Nothing is wrong, im fine."

"You haven't spoke to me since-" Ant stops himself mid sentence, smirking. "Aww, is Baby Boy jealous?"

"Jealous? Why would the hell would i be jealous?"

"That wasn't a no, I've gotten used to the fact that you don't give direct answers when you're trying to avoid telling me the truth."

"I wouldn't have wanted you over here if i was jealous. If im pissed at you then why are you here?"