Chapter 8

Dec ends up tired early. He's used to falling asleep early, and he doesn't want to stay awake for very long for the fear he'll say something wrong.

Of course, suggesting going to bed has complications of its own. Just like everything else does with Ant.

"Sleep with me," Ant shrugs. "Not like that, you know, just innocently. You can sleep in my bed, i just don't want you to be uncomfortable on the sofa or floor."

"I don't- actually fine, alright," Dec sighs. He's now given up on arguing and just started praying that nothing would go wrong. "I'll just go change into-"

"I'm just staying in boxers, you can do the same if you want. I don't mind it," Any suggests. He doesn't sound like he's implying something, but still Dec is still fairly certain that he has intentions as what's going to happen.

Dec doesn't bother answering. He tries not to stare when Ant pulls of his shirt, and jeans as well. Dec notices how many tattoos he's got scattered all over his body. Ant lays down motioning for Dec to do the same.

Dec feels himself being a little self-conscious when he pulls off his own shirt, trying to avoid looking at Ant to make it less awkward. He pulls off his jeans, folding them and putting them up on the bedside stand. He turns around and notices Abt staring, but it isn't unexpected.

"No need to be self-conscious. You're so fit, trust me," Ant smiles, but he doesn't sound like he's flirting. He sounds genuine, and Dec has to stop himself from replying. He bites his tongue, laying down on the bed as far from Ant as he can.

Ant's eyes on him once, watching his chest rise and fall as he breathes, before looking away. Dec's now staring nowhere but the ceiling.

"Nice tattoos," Dec says quietly, not turning his head.

Ant laughs. "Thanks, Goodnight Declan."

"Yeah. Goodnight, Anthony."

-

The next morning, Dec wakes up first. He finds himself a lot closer to Ant than he remembers falling asleep like, their legs tangled together. At first, he doesn't want to move, because it's comfortable and the warmth of Ant's body against his own is just do warm and comforting.

Ant's fast alseep. Dec looks over his tattoos once again, but he doesn't understand half of of them. There's a labrador puppy, and the rest Dec has no clue what they mean, like the arrow on his arm. But that puppy tells Dec, that he isn't is as hardcore as he tends to act.

It took a few minutes more for Ant to wake up. He opens his eyes slowly, turning his head to Dec. "Morning."

Dec sits up, moving out of Ant's grip. "Yeah. Morning."

"Nice hairstyle you got going on," Ant point out and chuckles.

"Shut up, i need to sort that out," Dec says moving Strands of hair out of his face.

"You look hot with your hair with messy hair," Ant bites his lip, smirking at Dec.

Dec completely ignores him, standing up to pull on a shirt. He doesn't get why Ant is acting so strange at  different times. Sometimes, he's smirking, flirting and making inappropriate comments. The next moment he's acting nice and like he's genuinely interested in Declan. It's confusing Dec, and he hates that. He hates how complicated this whole thing is. He can't seem to get his head around it. Instead, he's stuck, confused about how he feels, and confused about how Ant feels as well.

It makes more sense for Ant to just want him for the bet, but Dec can't help but wonder if there's anything otherwise. Because Ant seems to be more than just flirting with him recently, sometimes acting like he may actually want Dec for himself, not just that stupid bet.