Chapter 4: Quintjet

We are back in the quintjet, and Natasha comes over to me. "Hey, what's bothering you?" she asks.

I don't like to show emotion, that makes people weak. "Nothing. Just tired," I responded.

"I saw you talking to one of the enhanced. How do you know him, let alone get him not to attack you," Natasha asks.

"Remember the boy that showed me around yesterday," I ask and she nods. "Well, that's him. I just tried to get him to stop, and he didn't really say anything. I can tell that he doesn't really like what hydra is doing, but something is forcing him to do it," I say.

"Well, maybe you can change your lover boy's mind," she says with a smirk on her face. Then she walks over to Bruce, and I can see the chemistry between them. I know she likes him, even if she won't admit it, and he does too.

"Thor, report on the Hulk," Natasha says.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims," Thor responds. I hit him in the chest and gave him a 'really' look. "But not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams. Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout."

"Yea nice job of explaining Thor," I say, and roll my eyes.

"Hey, Banner, Dr. Cho is on her way from Seoul. Is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asks.

"Yea, she knows her way around," Bruce responds.

"Thank you. Tell her to prep everything. Barton's gonna need the full treatment. Javis, take the wheel," Tony says, and slides away from the front console. "Feel's good yea? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties but."

"No, but this brings it to a close," Thor finishes.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve says, staring at the scepter.

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?" Tony asks, and Thor nods. "Just a few days till the farewell party."

"You will make any excuse to have a party?" I ask.

"Well it is worthy to be celebrated for. You are coming right?" Tony asks Thor.

"Yes, yes of course. A victory should be honored with revels."

"Yea who doesn't love revels? Captain?" Tony asks.

"Hopefully this puts an end to Chitauri and Hydra. So yes, revels."

"Again, excuses for a party," I say.

"Well then you don't have to go," Tony says.

"Who says I'm not going. It's a good excuse to sneak a drink or few," I say with a smirk. We got back to the Avenger's Tower, and started to head out.

"Lab's all set up boss," Agent Maria Hills says, while walking on board the jet.

"Oh actually he's the boss," Tony says, referring to Steve. "I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

"What's the word on Strucker," Steve asks, while Maria, Steve and I walk off of the jet.

"NATO's got him," Maria says.

"The two Enhanced?" I asked, mostly thinking about Pietro.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia has had a rough history. It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special," Maria says. We all walk into the building, and head down the hall.

"Their abilities?" I ask, curious of what exactly they can do.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectronic interfacing, telekinesis, and mental manipulation," she says. Steve gives her a confused look and she adds, "He's fast and she's weird."

"Come on grandpa, catch up," I say.

He ignores my comment and says, "Well, they're gonna show up again."

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts."

Steve and I both enter the elevator. "Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve says.

"We are not at war, Captain," Maria says.

"They are," Steve says, and the elevator doors close. "You seem oddly curious about the enhancements."

"Well, we have never seen anything like it," I say. This is true, but I also want to know more about Pietro. He is like a mystery to me that I need to solve. I got to my room, and decided to take a shower. The hot water soothes my body, and I wash off all the blood.

I get out and I see a notification on my phone.

Pietro: I told you I'd call you;)

Y/n: Well technically this is a text, but I'll take it.

Pietro: Surprised to see you there today. Didn't know you work for Tony Stark.

Y/n: I don't work for him. I work for myself, he's just the annoying guy who makes the suits.

Pietro: Well you looked good in yours today, so I'll give him that;)

Y/n: You didn't look too bad yourself Speedy;)

Pietro: I'm glad that didn't scare you off.

Y/n: It's going to take a lot more to scare me off.
Well I have to go, so goodnight Pietro.

Pietro: Goodnight princesa.

I smile at his text, and fall onto my bed. Wait, no. Stop I can't like him, he's the enemy. The hot, nice, mysterious enemy. Oh god, this is bad.