Chapter 22: Change

I open my eyes, and everything is quiet. You could hear a pin drop. I tried to move, but I was restricted. I look down to see that I'm laying in a hospital bed, and I'm strapped in. I look at my surroundings, and there is only a door. No windows or anything else you can exit in. The door is probably heavily guarded on the other side.

I still feel a slight discomfort in my neck, where they must have injected me with something. There is very little light besides from the crack of the door, and the small lightbulb above me.

That changed when a figure walked in the room. "It's good to see you again, y/n," a familiar voice says. The figure walks closer, and the light hits him. Hunter. My eyes widened a bit, and he noticed. "Glad to see you still remember me."

"Wished I didn't," I say.

"Don't act like that, y/n. Haven't you missed me? It's been what? 3 years, you did change a lot," Hunter says.

"I wished you changed as well," I say. "Since when did you work for hydra? You were usually a one man business who only cares about himself."

"That's not true. I care about you," Hunter says.

"If that was true, I wouldn't be strapped in this bed right now," I say.

"As I said, you changed. You would kill me in a blink of an eye if you weren't strapped in," Hunter says.

"You're not wrong," I say. "Why do you need me? I'm not going to work for you."

"You are one of the highest trained Avengers. The Earth's mightiest heroes. You were able to change from an assassin to a Avenger, so I'm sure I can change you right back," Hunter says with a smirk on his face.

"What makes you so sure about that?" I ask.

"I have my ways," he says.

"Why am I even here? I don't see or hear anyone else suffering from you," I say, losing my patience quickly.

"Straight to the point I see. You know what we want from you. We know you and your little speedster took our files," he says.

"Why me? Out of all the people, why us?" I ask.

"Pietro and Wanda have powers from Loki's scepter, the Mind Stone. They are more powerful than they even know. You, you're unbeatable. You don't stop until you get what you need. You can lead them two to victory and you three will be unstoppable," Hunter says.

"I would never work for you. After everything you did, after everything hydra did to them, why would we join you," I ask.

"Enough with the questions from you. I have questions of my own. Where is Wanda?"

"What your little soldiers couldn't get to her?"

"Answer my question."

"What about Pietro? He was fighting your soldiers with me, does he not matter?" I ask. I'm trying to get into his head.

"We know he cares about the two of you deeply. If we have both of you, he would have no other choice but to join us. Now stop ignoring the question. Where is Wanda?" Hunter asks. What y/n didn't know is that she was in a secure location, where she doesn't know the location of. She knew that they would do this, so she has no choice but to stay silent.

"Fine, don't answer, you will just suffer," Hunter says. He takes a sharp knife out of his boot, and cleans it off.

I laugh at his actions. "You out of all people should know that that doesn't scare me. I have been in more interrogations than we have given," I say. "Just give up and let me go, and I may let you live." No chance in hell I would keep him alive.

"I know you would kill me, and I know this wouldn't get you to speak, but it will change your strength," Hunter says. He takes the knife and runs it down my leg. I wince in pain, but I try not to show it much. "Now any information you want to tell me on a certain witch?"

Once again, I stay quiet, not letting my pain show. "I should have known. You were always loyal, until you left me."

"You didn't give me much of a reason to stay," I say. I can tell the anger building up in him, and he runs the knife down my other leg. I wince again, but this time it shows more.

"Enough of this. Let me actually finish what I started," Hunter says. He grabs a syringe, and it's filled with some sort of blue liquid. "Maybe your friend Captain America remembers this. We upgraded the super soldier serum so we would only have to inject a body, and that body is you. Plus this is more suitable for a woman such as yourself."

"No, you can't do this. Just because you would make me stronger doesn't mean I will join you," I say.

"No, but it will make you more powerful," Hunter says. He injects it into my arm, and I grunt in pain. "Good night hot stuff, someone else will see you when you wake up." He walks away, and the pain grows from my arm to the rest of my body.

The pain goes so bad I start to scream. My body couldn't take the pain anymore, and it shuts down. My eyes closes, and everything goes black.