Chapter 23: Phone Call

My eyes flutter open, adjusting to my surroundings. I'm in the same room, same machine, in the same hospital bed and I'm still strapped in. The small lightbulb above me is the only source of light, besides from the cracks of the door.

Everything that happened before I passed out came back to me. My anger grew for Hunter even more. I should have known he was going to come after me. I need to get out of this place.

I look around, trying to see if there is anything that can help me. I see that there is a bloody knife, probably from early on the machine. I was able to wiggle my arm out of the straps and I grabbed it. I used it to cut off the straps and I was able to get up easily.

I look down and I see that I have no scab or scar from Hunter cutting into my leg. I'm also wearing a hydra outfit for some reason. This super serum must have worked. Well, let's put this bad boy to the test shall we? Hunter was right, this should make me stronger, so my skills plus strength, I should be unstoppable.

I walk over to the door, and I try to open it, but it's locked. I grabbed the knife once again and used it to pick the lock. I put the knife in my boot because it might be useful. I kick the door open and two guards look at me in shock. I punch one of them and they go flying into the wall. Nice. I grabbed his gun off of him, and shot the other guard.

Now it was time to try and find my way out. I run through the building taking out any guard that comes my way. I run into a room and I find a window inside. I look out and it's around 5 stories up.

"Please don't die, please don't die," I mumbled repeatedly as I walked back from the window. Once I was far enough I ran at full speed, the fastest I have ever run before, through the window. I hit the ground, and rolled off. I groan, and I stand up ignoring the pain.

I see a guard, and I shoot him with the gun. He drops down dead, and I run towards the body. I searched his pockets and I found a phone. Jackpot.

Pietro's POV

I have barely slept or ate since y/n has been taken, and it's been a week. Whenever I do sleep, I would dream about y/n, and she dies in front of me. I need to get her now, I need her.

I walk to the meeting room, not having the energy to speed there. I open the door to see everyone already sitting there. I sit down next to Wanda, and I feel everyone's eyes on me. I get it, she's my girlfriend, and I love her more than you know, but if one more person gives me a sympathetic look, I might scream. If anything Nat should be getting more looks but of course not because she would actually kill them.

"We may have a confirmed location of a hydra base," Steve says, and my attention spiked. Y/n might be there, and we know she isn't dead because hydra needs her. What if they hurt her? I will kill anyone who does.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go," I say, now all of a sudden having energy. Before anyone could say anything, my phone started to ring. I pick it up and see that it is an unknown number.

"Hello?" I say, when I pick up my phone.

"Pietro!" a familiar voice says that I missed so much.

"Y/n!" I say, and everyone's attention went to me. "God, I miss you. Please tell me you're okay."

"I'm fine, I think. I miss you too," Y/n's angelic voice says.

"Where are you? Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?" I ask. "Tony, start tracking the call," I say and Tony rushes to a computer.

"Yes and no. I'll explain when I'm back. I- Wait people are coming after me. I need to go," Y/n says and I hear the panic in her voice.

"No, princessa stay with me here. I need to know where you are," I say.

"I'm at-" y/n says, but then the phone disconnects.

"Y/n? Come on," I scream, and I throw my phone against the table. "Were you able to get a location?" I ask Tony.

"Sort of. I got a country, Janta," Tony says.

"I knew they would take her there," I mumbled to myself. We could have had her a long time ago.

"Well, let's go. I'm not wasting anytime," Natasha says, and we all get on the quinjet.

Y/n's POV

"Shit," I mumble, and turn around to the new hydra guards that are running at me. I grab the gun once again, and start shooting guards. I run up to them, and start taking them down by hand as well. The gun runs out, and so do the guards. I start to run through the forest, and I realize I'm in Janta.

I hear a gunshot and I feel a bullet hit my leg. I scream in pain, and I fall, my leg not being strong enough for me to walk. I crawl against a tree, and I think this is it. They will get here and shoot me dead.

5 guards run up in front of me and they all stare me down. "If we can't have you, then no one can," one of the guards said. I close my eyes and prepare for the bullets. I wait, and I feel no bullets entering my skin, but I do feel a breeze.

I opened my eyes to see the 5 guards were all knocked out and Pietro was kneeling down next to me. "You didn't see that coming," Pietro says with a smirk.

"I will enjoy that joke once I'm not bleeding out," I say, pointing to my leg. Pietro takes off his shirt and wraps it around my wounded leg tightly. "Now, I can enjoy that," I say with a smirk making Pietro chuckle.

"God, I'm so glad you're alive," Pietro says, and wraps me in a tight hug.

"Me too," I say.

"Hey, love birds," Steve yells from a distance. "Can we get moving before more guards show up." We both chuckle, and Pietro picks me off bridal style before speeding to the quinjet.