Chapter 28: Everything

"Room 24 on the lowest floor. Go!" Steve says through the comms. I run through the hydra base that Pietro is being kept in. I dash to the stairs and run to the lowest floor. I hack into the coded lock, and bust my way through. Room 20, 21, 22, 23, I finally found room 24.

I kicked down the door, and I was attacked by a guard from inside. I easily knock him out, and I look around the room. I see someone strapped into a chair. His head is hanging low, and he is covered in blood and bruises.

I walk closer to the chair and it's Pietro. I could barely even recognize him with how much they hurt him. My heart breaks seeing him like this. This is my fault, I should have made sure Hunter was dead.

"Pietro, baby wake up," I say, putting my hand on his face. He groans in pain, and I retract my hand from touching him. His eyes flutter open, and I see his bright blue eyes which makes me smile.

"I'm so glad you're alive," I say, starting to untie him.

"Why didn't you kill him?" he says. "We wouldn't be here if you had just killed him."

I feel tears stream down my face. "I-I tried. I thought I did. I'm sorry. Come on we need to go," I say.

"I don't want to go with you. Just leave," Pietro says. He looks angry and hurt, which makes me feel even worse.

"Please, just come with me," I say. "I will do anything."

"Then wake up," Pietro says, which makes me confused. "Wake up y/n!"

I feel someone is shaking me, and I sit up panting. I look at my surroundings and I'm in my room. The person who is shaking me is Wanda who is sitting next to me on my bed, and she looks worried. I look at the clock next to my bed and it reads, 2:52am.

"What happened," I ask. I realized how hot and sweaty I am.

"I was on my way to the kitchen when I heard you whispering and grunting. I wanted to check if you were alright and I assume you were having a nightmare," Wanda says.

"Why were you up?" I ask her.

"Can't sleep. This whole thing has been messing with my mind," Wanda says.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, and she nods. "Let's go to the kitchen and I'll make us some hot chocolate." I get out of bed and we both walk to the kitchen together. We walked in silence, but it felt needed.

Once we got there I started to make the hot chocolate. I hand her a mug and I sit across from her at the kitchen table. For a while, we just sat there in silence, not knowing what to say, until Wanda broke it. "What was your nightmare about?"

"We were at a hydra base and I found Pietro in a room. He was so beaten up and covered in blood that he was barely recognizable. He basically blamed me that he was there, and he's right. If I would have just made sure he was dead-"

"Don't say that," Wanda interrupts. "None of this is your fault. It's the stupid Hunter guys. I'm still so confused on how he is still alive."

"Same, I keep repeating the situation in my head, and there shouldn't be a possible way," I say.

"Do you know if there was anymore super serum left, or the one you used was the only copy?" Wanda asks.

"Because he could have used it on himself. That could be the reason why he is still alive. Wanda you are a genius," I say and we both chuckle.

"Well I do try," Wanda says. "Now all we need to do is find Pietro. I know he is still alive, somewhere. I keep trying to find his mind and pinpoint a location, but I keep failing."

"As long as we know he is still alive, there is a chance we can find him," I say, and look down to my mug. All the memories of Pietro and I start flooding to me. Movie nights, dates, missions, his jokes, us being goofy, and the little things. I feel a tear slip down my face.

"I hope you know I have never seen Pietro more interested in someone ever. Your everything to him," Wanda says.

"He's everything to me too," I say.

"By the way, when you two get married we would be sisters in-law," Wanda says with a smile.

"That would definitely be the only reason I would marry him then. Just so we could be sisters," I say and we both laugh.

We ended up talking for the rest of the night. We talked about everything. Boys, friends, hobbies, life, clothes, you name it. But the whole time my mind was thinking about how to get Pietro back, and I'm sure the same was happening with Wanda.