Chapter 27: Top Secret

A couple months have gone by since taking down Hunter and the hydra base. There has been no sign of hydra since. I have gone on a couple undercover missions but nothing major has happened. This is a good thing, but I have always liked the excitement of something high stake.

Life has been pretty good too. Pietro and I have been together for a year and now share a room in the facility. Wanda and I got really close. Bruce and Natasha even get closer, even though they don't want to admit it. Most importantly no one has figured out about the chip in my leg.

The sun seeped through the windows, waking me up slowly. I rolled over and I realized that Pietro wasn't laying there. I opened my eyes and turned my head to see Pietro getting ready for something. "Good morning sleepyhead," he says which makes me chuckle.

"Good morning to you too. You are never up this early in the morning. Is everything alright," I say, and I get out of bed and walk towards him.

"I got a last minute mission with Clint. Don't worry I will only be gone for 2 days. We should be in and out before you know it," Pietro says.

"What's the mission about?" I ask, and put my arms around his neck when he wraps his around my waist.

"Top secret," Pietro says. "Can't say anything about it until I get back."

"Oh promoted to top secret missions. Usually those are the ones I go on. Impressive," I say, and he chuckles. I place a soft and loving kiss on his lips. When I break I say, "Be safe okay. Those missions are usually dangerous."

"I already told you, it will be an in and out situation. No reason to be worried about me," Pietro says with a smirk. "I got to go, don't miss me too much."

"It will feel like a vacation when you are gone," I tease, only making him roll his eyes. "I love you. Stay safe," I say and kiss him one more time.

"I love you too, princessa. I'll see you Thursday morning. Bye," Pietro says. He grabs his bag, gives me one last kiss on the forehead, and is out the door. What am I going to do for the next two days? An idea pops into my head.

I get a pair of jeans on with a t-shirt, and put my hair in a messy bun. I walk out of my room and to the kitchen where I find Wanda. "Wanda, are you busy today?" I ask.

"When do I have plans?" she says and we both chuckle.

"Well you have been spending a lot of time with the robot over there," I say, referring to Vision who was in the main room. She glares at me, and I roll my eyes. "We haven't had a girls' day in a while. I was thinking about going shopping, getting our nails done, you know.

"Yes, is Natasha coming?" Wanda asks.

"I think she is a little busy with Green today," I say, and we both chuckle. "Come on let's go. I'll drive the motorcycle." Wanda nods. "Wait we have to get something," I say. We both walk to Tony's lab, and walk in.

"What's up Maximoff and future Maximoff," Tony says.

"Nothing, just seeing what you were working on," I say, and walk over to his desk. I take his wallet without him noticing, and take his credit card.

"Just Mark 53," he says. "Any suggestions?"

"Make it better than Mark 52," I say with a smirk. "We have to go now, but thanks." We both started to walk out

"For what?" he yells out.

"You will see," we both yell at the same time. Then we go to the mall, go shopping and all that jazz. Wanda and I had fun like we always do. We got back with our nails done, and multiple bags in our hands.

"Tony is going to be so mad," Wanda says.

"Don't worry. He is secretly scared of me, so we will be fine," I say and we both chuckle. The next 2 days consisted of me hanging out with Wanda and Natasha, and worrying for Pietro. Top secret missions were never easy, and those are usually my jobs. Not that I don't think Pietro can handle himself, I'm just concerned.

Thursday morning finally arrived, and I excitedly got out of bed. I took a shower, and got ready for the day. I walk in the main room, knowing that they will have to come in through there before Pietro comes into our room. I sat down to watch TV with Nat while we waited for the boys.

After a while the elevator opened and you only saw Clint walk out. "Hey Clint. Where's Speedy?" I ask. He looked like a bus just hit him, and he looked disappointed.

"Uh, the mission didn't go as planned," he says as he walks out of the elevator. My heart broke at this moment.

"Where is Pietro? What was the mission anyways?" I ask.

"The mission was to find this guy who was selling weapons on the black market," Clint says.

"How did the mission not go as planned?" I ask sternly. All of the possible bad situations were running through my head.

"Well, Hunter was the guy who was selling those weapons, and Pietro got carried away and Hunter took him," Clint says. It felt like time stopped for a second. My ex just kidnapped my boyfriend that I thought I killed?

"I shot him. He wasn't breathing. He was in the hydra base when we blew it up," I say. "That isn't possible." Tears start to flow down my face. "I'm going to find him," I say. I run to my room, and grab my guns.

Natasha shuts the door behind me, not letting me leave. "Get out of my way," I say, but she pushes me back.

"You have no idea where Pietro could be. You can't just go out there and expect to find him," Natasha says.

"Watch me," I say. I try to leave again, but she pushes me back once more.

"You're not mentally stable to even think about going out there. We need to wait until we have a secure location, and then we can find him," Natasha says. I don't say anything, but I put my guns back.

This isn't good. He could be doing what he did to me to him, or even worse. I need to get him back.