Chapter 5: Farewell Party

The next 3 days, I have done nothing but talk to other avengers, eat, sleep and watch movies. I always loved the time I get when I'm not on missions. It makes me feel like I have done my job right, but I love the feeling of being on a mission. The feeling like I'm helping others makes me feel like I have a reason for being here.

Today was the day for Thor's farewell party. Also known as Tony's excuse to throw a party. I'm currently standing with Thor, Tony, Rhodey, and Maria, while Rhodey is rambling on a so-called 'cool' story.

"So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like 'Boom. You looking for this?'" Rhodey finishes his story. Tony, Thor, and I all look at eachother unimpressed. "'Boom. Are you looking for...' Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"I didn't even know there was a story," I say.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks.

"Yea. It's the War Machine story," Rhodey says.

"Oh, it's very good then," Thor chuckles. "It's impressive."

"Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" Rhodey says switching the topic. Tony says a soft no.

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria asks.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run," Tony responds.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work in the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer," Thor replies. Oh no, it's going to be the battle between the idiots.

Tony continues on how Pepper runs the highest tech conglomerate on the planet, and Thor talks about Jane winning a Nobel Prize.

"Yea, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together," Maria says. Then Maria and I look at eachother then say while pretending it's a cough, "Testosterone."
Maria, Rhodey and I walk away, laughing at the stupidness. I sit down on the empty couch and I find Natasha and Bruce sitting at the bar, flirting. They think it's not obvious, but everyone knows. She walks off, and comes and sits next to me.

"Any updates on the speedster," Natasha asks.

"Depends. Any updates on the green guy," I say, with an eyebrow raised. Before either of us could say anything the rest of the crew, Maria and Helen, sat in the couch area with us. The party was soon over, and we were just there having some fun.

Clint starts talking about the hammer and how he thinks it's a trick. "Well please, be my guest," Thor says, gesturing to the hammer on the coffee table. Clint stands up, and tries to pick up the hammer, and fails miserably. Then Tony tries and fails. He even comes back with his IronMan hand, and with Rhodey, they still couldn't pick it up.

Then Bruce tries, and fails, then acts like he was coming out as the Hulk. What a dork. Steve gets up to try and I can see the worry on Thor's face. Once Steve tries and isn't able to do it, I can see the relief on Thor's face, but I don't buy it.

Thor chuckles, "Nothing." Steve then sits back down next to me, and I can see the smirk on his face.

"You totally can pick that up, but you're too humble too," I whisper to Steve. He just looks at me and chuckles. Bruce offers to Natasha, seeing if she wants to try.

"Oh, no, no. That's not a question I need answered," Natasha says and I chuckle.

"All deference to the man who wouldn't be king, but it's rigged," Tony says.

Thor stands up, picks up the hammer with ease. "Or, you're all not worthy," he says with a smirk. "What about you lady y/n. Would you like to try and see if you are worthy?"

"See I would, but I don't need to try and flex and fail miserably like the men in the room," I say. Then suddenly a high pitch noise filled the room, making me cover my ears.

"Worthy," a raspy voice said from behind the couch. We all stand up immediately to face a weird looking robot. "No. How could you be worthy? You are all killers," the broken robot says. He has wires hanging off from him, missing an arm, and barely walks.

"Stark," Steve says.

"Jarvis," Tony says immediately after.

"I'm sorry I was asleep. Or I was a dream," the robot continued.

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit," Tony says. Well this is one weird buggy suit.

"There was this terrible noise and I was tangled in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy," the robot continues.

"You killed someone?" Steve says.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But down in the real world, we are faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asks.

The robot reaches for something on his head, and Tony's voice starts to play. "I see a suit of armor around the world."

"Ultron," Bruce says. I look at him, lost. Who is Ultron?

"In the flesh," Ultron says. "Or no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha asks. I can see out of the corner of my eye, Maria, with a gun in hand, moving off from the couch.

"Peace in our time," Ultron says. Then robots come out from behind him, breaking the glass, and coming towards us. I grab Helen, and jump over the bar counter.

"Stay here, and don't go until we tell you it's safe," I say to her. She nods her head, and I can see the fear in her eyes. I get out from behind the counter and jump on one of the robots, and twist off one of his heads. Steve, Thor and everyone else take down the rest of the robots, besides Ultron.

"That was dramatic. I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? With these? These puppets," Ultron says. During this time, I'm sneaking up behind him, waiting for the best time to take him down.

"There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction," Ultron says. I get sick of it, and grab onto his head and twist it off of his body, throwing him to the ground. "I had strings, but now I'm free," Ultron says before powering off.

"Well that was um, interesting to say the least," I say, wiping off the oil from my hands.