Chapter 10: Vision

We arrive at the Avenger's Tower, and we run up to the lab, where Tony, Bruce and the cradle is. "I'm going to say this once," Steve says, when Wanda Peitro and I all enter the room.

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony says.

"Shut it down," I say.

"Nope, not going to happen," Tony says, and continues to work on the cradle.

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve says, trying to be civil.

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce says.

"I know you're angry," Wanda says but is interrupted by Bruce.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"That's a bit harsh, Green," I say.

"Banner, after everything that's happened..." Steve says.

"It's nothing compared to what's coming," Tony says. I can see Pietro was becoming impatient, and we are losing time by arguing. Pietro uses his speed and disconnects all the wires and tubes.

"No, no. Go on. You were saying?" Pietro asks. Then Clint from downstairs shoots the floor that Pietro was standing on, making him fall through the hole. All hell broke loose, and I jumped through the hole, knocking Clint off of Pietro. Clint goes upstairs to help the others while we stay down.

"Are you okay?" I ask Pietro, while he is laying on the ground.

"I'm great. We need to make sure they won't finish the job," Pietro says. I help him stand up, and then we see Thor, jumping on the cradle. He uses lightning to power the cradle to over 400%. Then the android comes out of the cradle, and tries to attack Thor. Thor dodges, and throws him in the direction of the window.

The android stops himself, and looks at himself through the mirror. Pietro picks me up in bridal style and runs us upstairs. He sets me down next to him, and the android comes back over to us. Thor sets down his hammer once he knows he isn't a threat.

"I'm sorry. That was... odd," the android says. "Thank you," he says to Thor and grows a cape just like his.

"Thor. You helped create this?" Steve asks.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that," Thor says pointing to the gem. "It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones. The greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring.." Steve started to say.

Steve was interrupted by Thor saying, "Because Stark is right."

"Are you sick Thor?" I say.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron," Thor says.

"Not alone," Vision, the android says.

"Why does your Vision sound like Jarvis?" Steve asks.

"We reconfigured Javris's matrix to create something new," Tony says, approaching his new finished project.

"I think I've had my fill of new," Steve says.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron. I'm not Ultron, I'm not Jarvis I am... I am," Vision says.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation," Wanda says taking a step forward towards him.

"Look again."

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone. And they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side," Thor says.

"Is it? Are you on our side?" Steve asks.

"I don't think it's that simple. I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't. He will end it all," Vision says.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asks.

"You."

"Where?" Bruce asks.

"Sokovia," Clint says. "He's got Nat there, too."

"If he does anything to her, I will kill him myself," I say, blood boiling in my veins, until I felt a hand interlock with mine. It's Pietro, and he gives me a slight squeeze of reassurance that everything will be okay. Did my stomach just get, what do you call it, butterflies?

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce says, walking to Vision.

"What will you do?" Vision asks, but no one answers. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net. We have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others."

"Maybe I am a monster," Vision continues. I don't think I would know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So, there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go," Vision says, and hands Thor his hammer with ease. Everyone stood there in shock.

"Right, well done," Thor says, and pats Tony on the back.

"Three minutes, get what you need," Steve says, and we get ready for battle. I go to my work closet, and put on the familiar black suit. I sharpen my knives, and reload my guns. I tie my boots, and before I head onto the quintet, I step out on my balcony, taking in on the fresh breeze.

"Is everything okay, princessa?" a familiar Russian accent asked me. I turn around to see Pietro standing at my doorway.

"Yea I'm fine. Just needed some air," I say, turning back to look at the New York City skyline. I can feel Pietro's presences beside me.

"What's bothering you? It's never good to go into battle when something is," Pietro asked. I can feel him looking at me, but I keep my eyes looking forward.

"The visions your sister made me see. The first one was me and my sister Natasha. She told me I was never going to be like her, and how she was ashamed of me, then kills me. She's the only family I have, and I can't loose her. The second one was with all the avengers surrounded me with a bunch of dead bodies around them. They were telling me I failed them and how I wouldn't be on the team if it wasn't for Natasha. I'm just scared that if it's true they actually never needed me and I actually can't help anyone," I say tears threatening to fall.

One tear managed to slip but Pietro wiped his thumb across my cheek to brush it away. "I'm sorry my sister made you see that. Those visions aren't true they are just what you fear most. You helped so many people today. You helped me. Without you I don't think I would be here helping the avengers," Pietro says. I lay my head on his shoulder, and tears run down my face.

"Wanda and I were ten years old, having dinner, the four of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Our parents go in, and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab her, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off. It just...sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word. Stark," Pietro says.

"Stark has changed. He may have made those weapons, but that doesn't mean he is the one who sent them to your building. He shut down that business a while ago. I'm sorry that happened to you," I say, my head still on his shoulder.

"My fear is that I won't be able to protect the people I love, because if I don't I would blame it on myself," Pietro says. I take my head off his shoulder and face him.

"You can't put that kind of pressure on yourself," I say. I see his bright blue eyes glance at my lips, but look back into my eyes. We both lean forward, but was interrupted by someone clearing his throat.

"I said three minutes," Steve says and he walks straight out of the room. We both grab our final things and made our way to the quintjet.