Chapter 19: Coffee Shop

I wake up to the sunlight coming through the windows. I groan, not wanting to wake up. I roll over, and realize Pietro was not there next to me. I get out of bed and put on some clothes.

I walk out to the kitchen to see Pietro standing at the kitchen counter, reading the file. His shirtless body is facing away from me. I walk up next to him, bumping into his shoulder. "Good morning Speedy," I say, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Good morning princessa," Pietro says, and kisses my head. "Surprised you can even walk from last night." Pietro smirks, and I slap him on the chest. I walk over to the couch, and sit down, and he sits down next to me.

"So when does Sherman go to the coffee shop?" I ask. "Because I could really go for some coffee right now," I say and we both chuckle.

"He goes around in a hour, so we should leave soon and get there before he does," Pietro says, and I agree.

"I'll go get ready then," I say, and give Pietro a kiss on the cheek then go and get ready. I took a shower and dried my hair, putting it into a side braid. I put on a t-shirt and a pair of loose jeans, in case I need to move around. I grabbed my sneakers and opened up my work case.

I yell for Pietro to get ready, and he uses his speed to be ready in a second. "Here, this is in case we will have to split up," I say, giving him an ear piece. "Plus it's connected to Steve back at the Tower whenever you press on it." We both put them on and I grab out more gear.

"What else are you taking?" Pietro asks. I took out a bracelet and a tiny tracker.

"This bracelet is connected to this tracker. It will show up a map of where he is going once the tracker is on him," I say and put on the bracelet. "Let's go to this coffee shop before I fall asleep." I throw a hat at Pietro while I grab my own and some glasses.

We rented out a car, and drove down to the coffee shop. We walked in and we ordered our drinks, then sat down at a booth. Pietro was sitting across from me, and I was facing the way towards the door. "Do you have eyes on Sherman?" Pietro asks.

"Nope," I say. Then the man in the photos from the file walks in. "He just walked in," I say, and take a sip of my coffee. "No one is with him. He is just ordering coffee."

"Is he sitting down?" Pietro asks.

"I don't think so," I say, seeing that he got a to go cup.

"We need to follow him," Pietro says. I take out the tracker, and throw it across the room, landing straight on the back of his jacket. "Nice shoot."

"Why thank you," I say. The bell rings on the door indicating that he left. "Let's go." We paid for our drinks and started to follow the guy. He was walking, so we decided to do the same.

We follow him from a block distance, but he keeps looking back. I turn to Pietro and say, "Kiss me."

"Love to but we are on a mission y/n," Pietro says.

"He is looking this way. Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable," I say, and pull him in for a kiss. I break it, and go back to walking.

"He is out of our sight, use the tracker," Pietro says. I press a button on my bracelet that brings up a hologram map. "He is heading for the woods. What is up with hydra and woods?"

I laugh, and press on my ear piece, to talk to Steve. "Rogers, the suspect is headed for the woods. Should we follow?" I say, and wait for a response.

"Yes, follow him. Don't use your powers, and try to avoid a fight as much as possible. Don't draw attention to yourselves," Steve says through the earpiece. Pietro and I both look at eachother, then head to the woods.

We get to the woods, and follow the map. It was about a mile walk, but then we finally got somewhere. We hid behind two trees, seeing that two guards were there.

"We should take them down, and get their suits," I say, and Pietro agrees. We get out from behind the trees, making ourselves visible. "Hello boys," I say and the guards turn around. I run up to one, and take him down while Pietro takes down the other.

"Alrighty then. Let's change," Pietro says. We change into the uniform, and we look at each other. "You would look good as a hydra guard, Jessica."

"And you as well Ross," I say and we both laugh. We grab their guns, and walk towards the base. We enter using the security cards they had on their uniform. We walk through the building but we can't find Daniel Sherman anywhere.

"We should see if we can either find him or some files," Pietro whispers, and I nod. We walk through the building, keeping a low profile. I found a room filled with files and computers.  "You go on the computers, I'll look through physical files."

"Feel free to use your superspeed," I say, and he smiles. I lock the door behind me, and go to the computer. I can feel the wind and see the familiar blue blur around the room, while I'm typing away on the computer.

"Y/n," Pietro says, and I hum in response, not taking my eyes off the computer. "I found some files about Wanda and me. I also found some about you." I immediately looked up.

"What? What could hydra have on me?" I ask, and grab the files from his hands. I opened the file to see pictures of me and Hunter. All the memories start to flow back, but I push them down.

I press my earpiece then say, "Steve, we got a file on Wanda, Pietro and I. I think we should come back and talk about it."

"Figured. The quinjet is already on it's way," Steve says through the earpiece. I take my finger off mine, and give Pietro the files.

"We are taking these. Let's get out of this hellhole," I say.