Chapter 16: I...

I'm looking at myself in the mirror. I just got ready for Tony's end of summer pool party with all the Avengers. I'm wearing a purple bikini, and I'm looking at myself. I'm supposed to have bullet wounds in my skin, but I don't. I look at the scars on my legs and arms from interrogations, and they all tell a story. My story. But the wounds that had the biggest impact on me aren't there.

Pietro comes up from behind me, arms around my waist. "What's wrong princessa? You look great," Pietro says, then kisses my neck.

"I'm fine, it's just. I wonder if I would be wearing this if I still had my bullet wounds. I feel like they should be a part of me, but they aren't," I say. "I have all of these scars from other missions and interrogations I have been put through. I just feel like they would tell a more interesting story then these," I say, pointing to different scars.

"You don't need a scar to prove to other people of a story. If they don't believe that you survived bullets, then they aren't worth it," Pietro says. I walked out of his grasp, and put on my flip flops and grabbed my phone and sunglasses.

I turn around to see Pietro checking me out. "Take a picture, it will last longer," I say with a smirk.

"Sorry, I like the view," Pietro says. "Come on let's go to the party," Pietro says, and holds out his hand. I interlace my hand with his, and we walk out to the pool. Everyone was already out there. Clint Tony and Steve by the grill. Natasha was sitting on the lounge chair while Wanda and Vision were talking by the pool. "I'm going to go talk to Wanda."

"More like stop her from talking to Vision. You know he's a good guy right?" I say, and Pietro just shakes his head. He runs over to them, while I walk over to Nat. "Hey sister."

"Hello little sis," Natasha says, and I sit down next to her in a chair. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, just here to relax," I say.

"How are things going with you and Pietro?" Nat asks.

"Good," I say.

"Have things escalated yet?" Natasha asks and I give her a confused look. "Oh, not like that, I already know the answer to that one. Like are you guys in love," she says wiggling her eyebrows.

"We haven't said that," I say, looking away from here.

"But do you love him?" Natasha asks, and I look at Pietro.

"Maybe. I just don't want to throw myself out there again to get hurt," I say.

"He isn't like him y/n. I know that he feels the same way about you, and he wouldn't hurt you like that. He literally is on your hand and foot if you have a headache," Natasha says and we both chuckle.

"Maybe you're right," I say.

"When am I not?" Natasha says. I look back out to see Pietro laying on a pool float. Now that is a bad idea my friend. I quietly slip in the pool, and swim next to him, and he doesn't notice. I get under his float and push up, flipping the float and him as well.

He gets up from the water, eyes widen. "Oh, you're going to regret that," Pietro says and splashes at me. I sarcastically gasp, and splash him back. This turns into a whole splash fight, but he wins with his speed, which is unfair. I swim up to him, and push him under, only for him to drag me down with him.

We both come back up, bursting into laughter. His arms are around my waist and mine are around his neck. "Pietro," I say to grab his attention. "I... I... really want to play chicken fight, and you're going to be on my team."

"I wouldn't have it any other way princessa," Pietro says, and kisses my cheek. We got Clint and Wanda to play against us. I get up on Pietro shoulders while Wanda does the same to Clint. "You're going down old man."

"In your dreams, quick bastard," Clint says. "Rules are no powers, and no weapons and please, don't drown anyone."

"Aw you're no fun," I say. Steve counts down and the fight begins. The fight was easily one by Pietro and I. We do a couple more rounds of this until the food was ready. We all got out of the pool and ate the food.

We discussed future missions, Clint's retirement, and how we want a waterslide built in. I really love hanging out with these annoying people as much as I don't want to admit it. Once everyone ate their food we all go into the pool.

"Definitely Steve," I say.

"Rude, you don't think I could win?" Pietro says.

"Have you seen him?" right now we are trying to figure out who would make the biggest splash jumping into the pool. "How about we have a contest, instead of bickering about it."

"Thank you. Some one is using their intelligence," Wanda says, then I give her a high-five.

"Let's go boys. Line it up, we girls be the judges," Natasha says. Pietro Tony and Steve all long up, since Vision can't go into the pool. They all jump in and it was very clear.

"Metal Man, your splash was puny. I'm disappointed," I say with a smirk, and Tony just rolls his eyes.

"Brother, yours was decent. I expect more from you," Wands says.

"It's clear that Steve is the winner," Natasha says. Pietro walks up to me, and I roll my eyes at his sore losers face.

"I told you he would win," I say with a smirk.

"You know what princessa," Pietro says. He picks me up bridal style and walks over to the pool.

"No no, I'm sorry. Please no, I just got dry," I say, trying to squirm out of his arms but fail miserably. He throws me into the pool and jumps in after me. "I hate you," I say.

"No you don't," Pietro says.

"No I'm pretty sure I hate you at the moment," I say.

"Do you want to know how I feel at the moment?"

"Spill," I say.

"I'm with my new family, and I'm with the girl I love," Pietro says.

"Smooth," I say and we both chuckle.

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too Speedy," I say. I pull him into a kiss. His soft lips move with mine, at a surprisingly slow rate for him. During the kiss I hear cheers and claps, but my only response was the middle finger, not breaking the kiss for a second.