Chapter 8: Safe House

We landed at the familiar safe house. Steve and I were walking side by side, and all of the Avengers entered. Natasha is standing next to me, and on the other side is Steve. "Honey? I'm home," Clint calls out. Laura, Clint's very pregnant wife walks out. "Hi. Company, sorry, didn't call ahead," Clint says and kisses Laura.

No one knows about his family, besides me and Natasha. "This is an agent of some kind," Tony says.

Steve whispers in my ear, "Girlfriend?" I nod.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura," Clint says.

She waves shyly and says, "I know all of your names."

Then small footsteps are heard and Clint says, "Incoming." Lila and Cooper come running in and hug their father.

"These are smaller agents," Tony says which makes me chuckle.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Y/n?" Lila asks.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha says, and she runs into her arms.

"I hope you didn't forget about me," I say, and then she runs into my arms. I pick her up and walk over to Cooper to say hello.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve says.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed," Tony says.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELDS files and I'd like to keep it that way," Clint says. "I figure it is a good place to lay low."

I see Thor walk out of the house, Steve following him. I look out the window to see Steve, standing in the doorway, not moving. Then he walked out of the house, so I decided to go after him.

"Steve, wait," I say, and he turns around. "Let's go for a walk." He just nods, and we started to just take a walk in a grassfield. It seems that we have been walking for hours in silence. I can tell something is bothering him. I know that at the moment I'm not in the greatest mental shape, but I need Steve to be alright for the team. "Steve what's going on? You seem off?"

"I'm fine it's just... I was in a room, full of people, some were laughing and dancing and others were fighting. I was in the middle of the room when Peggy turned me around and asked for the dance I promised her before I was frozen. Then she said the war was over and we could go home, but then everyone disappeared. I just feel like, if I'm not fighting in war, or helping others, I'll be useless. And become the same Steve Rogers I was before the serum," Steve says.

"You don't need a war to prove yourself. You are so much more than that. You don't need a silly war to prove yourself worthy. You already know you can lift up Thor's hammer, and don't deny it because I already know," I say and we both chuckle. "You are my best friend and no one is going to think you are useless because you aren't fighting to save the world. People need a break sometimes."

"Thank you," Steve says, and embraces me into a hug. "I'm going to head back, are you coming?"

"I'll be there in a second," I say, and he just nods and walks away. I'm thinking of my vision, and everything that has happened in the past week. I know Pietro doesn't want to do what he is doing, but something is holding him back. I need to meet with him somehow or maybe I shouldn't get in the way. They don't really need me there.

I walked back to the house, and sat in the kitchen next to Natasha. Nick Fury was here, and he was saying, "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks while leaning up against the wall.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though," Fury says.

"Still going after launch codes?" Tony asks while throwing a dart at the dart board.

"Yes, he is but he's not making any headway," Fury says. I spaced out during this conversation. I mean they don't really need my input. I just do what I'm told, not tell everyone else. Probably for the best to let the big guys talk anyways.

I started to pay attention when Natasha says, "Well this is a good time boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that."

"I do. I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. You kids have all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand, outwit the platinum bastard," Fury says.

"I wouldn't say that," I say.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk," Natasha added.

"You know what, Romanoffs," Steve says and we both smirk.

"So what does he want?" Fury says.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies," Steve says.

"Person bodies," Tony adds. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed," Natasha says. I love how in a serious conversation, she will always insult people.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve," Bruce says.

"How?" Fury asks.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asks. Everyone disperst when I go up to the room where I'm staying. I sit on the bed, getting lost in my thoughts.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Steve says, leaning up against the door frame.

"Yea, I'm great. What's up?" I ask.

"We are going on a mission. You me Natasha and Clint. Get ready, we are leaving as soon as we can," Steve says.

"Roger that," I say, and he leaves the room. I put on my suit that Tony fixed, since there was a hole in it. I grab my weapons and put them in place, and I head to the quintjet with the others.

"Why were you so quiet when we were all talking earlier?" Natasha asks.

"I talked," I say.

"To insult Steve. I love you for doing that, but you were quiet the rest. What's bothering you?" Natasha asks.

I couldn't tell her what was actually bothering me so I decided to make something up. "The twins. They both deserve so much more than what they are going through. They think what they are doing is right, and they probably don't even know what they are fully doing. They shouldn't have to go through this."

Technically this isn't a lie. I do feel like they deserve more. Mostly Pietro, I can see that he isn't 100% sure what he is doing is right, and he's probably doing it for his sister. I don't want to hurt either of them, and I want them to be safe.

"We can't do anything for them until they prove to us that they will help. They are helping Ultron and they can't come in our way," Natasha says. I just nod, not wanting to speak about my feelings anymore.

Pietro, I hope you know that you should go with your gut and stop this. Don't help Ultron and instead help us defeat him. I really care for you, and I barely know you, so that means you're important.

A/N: Sorry Pietro hasn't been in it a lot, but don't worry, he will be showing up more now.