Chapter Three

The parking lot to the school was a ghost town, except for the cars in the employee parking side of the building

The parking lot to the school was a ghost town, except for the cars in the employee parking side of the building. Knowing that I was student here just five years ago felt strange. A good kinda strange. And it felt good to be surrounded by familarity. Even the smell was familiar.

No matter how much I'd been prepared for today, my nerves were all over the place. But I flashed the barcode on the door to gain access. Time for the big girl panties to shine. Figuratively, of course...

As I entered the main hallway, I looked up at the plaques that hung the wall of fame. The student athletes that had won state championships for the school were listed on them. It didn't take long to find my name among my other volleyball team members. We won the title for the school during my senior year. And from what I'd heard through the grapevine, they have a good chance to win this year.

I smiled while walking to Mr. Stephens room, reminiscing over that day five years ago. It was simply perfect. I'd never played better than I did that night. The local news station even made me player of the week from all the surrounding schools in the area.
It didn't take long to reach the classroom I'd be working from. The door was closed, so I politely knocked.

"It's open!" a male voice yelled from the other side.

I opened it and walked inside to someone placing a few books on a shelf along the long wall of windows overlooking the parking lot. And from my social media stalking, I knew it was Mr. Kyle Stephens. And all I could say was the pictures didn't do him justice.

	He hadn't turned around yet, and as much as I didn't want to enjoy the view from behind, I most definitely was

He hadn't turned around yet, and as much as I didn't want to enjoy the view from behind, I most definitely was. But now it was time to turn on the professional side of Kendall Clark.

"Mr. Stephens?" I asked in a weak voice. So much for starting with confidence, Kendall.

He finally turned to look at me, and I swore I saw a subtle hint of a raised eyebrow as he gave me a courteous smile. He quickly came over to where I was standing.