Chapter Twenty Five

The last place I wanted to be was sitting in the parking lot of the movie cinema, waiting for Kendall's ex-boyfriend

The last place I wanted to be was sitting in the parking lot of the movie cinema, waiting for Kendall's ex-boyfriend. But I knew I had to do something to help.

In the short time that I'd been sitting there, I'd pulled my phone out at least four times to dial Kendall's number. But each time, I put the phone back in the passenger seat without touching a button.

I wanted nothing more than to comfort her and tell her that everything would be okay. And I knew I was getting in my head, but I had to put my wants out of the picture and think of what was best for her.

And I felt like that wasn't me.

Although I knew I was a goner as soon as I saw that beautiful smile of hers.

She was an amazing person and I knew I was falling hard for her. And, I'd also messed everything up for her because of that. I should've been completely transparent with Molly, even before Kendall became part of my life. But I didn't. And now Kendall had to deal with my lack of professionalism.

Even though I was letting my brain start taking the lead, my heart was hers. Completely. And although I never wanted it back, I had to take a minute to myself and figure out what was the best thing to do for her.

Let her go...or fight for us and possibly hurt her more?

A knock on my window shook me from my impossible thoughts. I rolled my window down.

"I'm here. Let's figure this shit out," Dan said, looking just as happy as I was to be working together.

"Jump in, and let's talk."

He nodded. "Alright."

I moved my phone from the seat and waited for him to jump in. Once he did, he turned to me with an arrogant scowl.

"What's your plan?" he asked. "Since you've basically screwed everything up for her because you couldn't just do your fucking job, how are you planning to fix this?" He sighed. "I'm only here for her. I still love her, and I'd go to the ends of the earth for that girl. So, let's fix this shit."

"For starters, I'm not going to apologize for what she and I have. And it's none of your fucking business, either. I'm not the one that couldn't keep his dick in his pants."

I knew I shouldn't have said that, but he was pissing me off, making me wonder if I could trust him to help and not just fuck things up more because of his arrogance.

"I'm out." He started to open his door, but I reached for his arm.

"Look, man, this isn't an ideal partnership for either one of us, but let's just table our anger for the sake of helping Kendall."

He let go of the handle. "Alright. But stop with the bullshit. I know I screwed up. And you screwed up as well. So let's just put that judgment away and fix this for her."