Chapter Thirteen

"Kyle, can I talk to you for a second outside?" Molly asked me

I looked over at Kendall, who was less than happy to see Molly. I had the feeling that something happened between the two of them that I wasn't aware of. And there was no way in hell I planned to give Molly any of my attention when Kendall looked upset.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't have time today. We have reservations that we need to get to." I smiled at Kendall. "Are you ready to go?"

She smiled, relaxing her shoulders a bit. "I am."

Molly huffed loudly. "Alright, but I'll be in early tomorrow. There's something we need to discuss and I think you'll want to hear me out."

I nodded, but continued to give Kendall my full attention. "I'll see you tomorrow, Molly."

As Kendall and I made our way from the classroom, she growled.

"That woman is getting on my last nerve, Kyle. She definitely likes you more than as a friend."

"The feeling is definitely not reciprocated. She's not subtle when she wants something, but I can assure you that the only woman that I'm interested in, is standing right beside me." I rubbed her hand with my fingers as we made our way out to the employee parking lot. "I'm sorry if she's causing any trouble for you."

"I can handle her."

"I'm sure you can, but you shouldn't have to. Has she said anything threatening to you?"

She shrugged. "Nothing terrible, just letting me know that she wants to claim you as hers."

I laughed. "I can promise you that's never going to happen." I turned her to look at me. "She used to be a nice, but very annoying person. But this year, she's pressing the wrong buttons with me."

"Really, it's fine. There's nothing she can do that will change the way I feel about what this is between us."

I put a finger under her chin and made her look closely at me. "I want you to tell me if things change, because above all, you're here to learn how to handle a class of students on your own, not unnecessary drama."

She smiled and bit her bottom lip, causing a huge lump to form in my throat.

"The class is easy to handle, but how I'm feeling about you is something brand new. And it's a little chaotic and a whole lot of exciting."

I looked around the empty parking lot before leaning down and giving her a soft, gentle kiss on those sweet lips of hers.

And I quickly knew that was a mistake, because once I felt her lips, I didn't want to let them go.