Chapter Six

As much as I didn't want to notice it, there was no denying that Kendall was extremely attractive

    As much as I didn't want to notice it, there was no denying that Kendall was extremely attractive. Both physically and intellectually. Her shy demeanor could easily be mistaken for a lost confidence. But from seeing her today and how she adjusted to each class, making sure to incorporate their needs, I knew she was going to be great.

    As much as I wanted to yell at a couple of the students for their lack of manners, I knew that I couldn't keep interrupting her every time someone whispered under their breath about how hot she was. Because she'd never get a word in... But I knew I'd pull those students to the side before class started tomorrow to ask for better respect for Kendall.

I'd almost skipped dinner tonight with the family, so I could get a few projects done at home in the yard. But I was extremely glad that I'd chosen to come. Mainly, because I knew my mother would call within five minutes of being late and eventually talk me into coming anyway. But also because Kendall was joining us for dinner. And as much as I didn't want to be excited about seeing her, I couldn't help it. There was something about her that made me want to see her. To hear that sweet voice of hers.

    And now she was standing right in front of me. Her hair was piled on top of her head, leaving her neck exposed to the sun shining against it. Her crystal blue eyes glistened as well and I knew I was dangerously close to staring at her too long. Because if I had it my way, I could stand there and look at every single one of her features, never tiring of the beauty each held.

"Hi."

"Hi," I echoed.

"What're you doing here?" she asked. "I mean, I know that Cassie is your sister, but I didn't know that you'd be here. Is this okay? It's not awkward for you, is it?"

I smiled, realizing she was just as flabbergasted for intelligent conversation as I was.  "No, it's great that you're here."

She lowered her head and her cheeks flushed with a rosy pink color. And I quickly ran through my head what I just said.

"I mean, it's fine that you're here."

She looked around the side of me into the house, obviously waiting for an invite and I could've kicked myself for my lack of manners. I finally stepped to the side and motioned for her to come inside.

"I'm sorry, please come in."

"Thank you," she said, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I hope this isn't intruding on your family time."

"Not at all. My mom is all about loving a full house of people. Ever since she and my dad retired last year, they've kept busy with dinner parties and cooking all kinds of new things that they love to try out on us. But, thankfully, for the most part, they've been really good."