Chapter 2

Zach

I didnt do anything wrong right?

Right?

Wrong.

I fucked up. Not because I was straight and totally not because I didnt kiss Alex back.

I'll admit, I panicked. Getting kissed by a guy was never a part of my bucket list before I graduate High school. Getting kissed by my guy best friend was also not a part of it.

I ticked off both of those faster than I lost my virginity.

I love Alex and I would take a bullet for him. But I never really see myself being with a guy romantically.

So I did what every sane guy would do. I panicked. I didnt went home after I dropped Alex at his place. I called Chloe, I didnt tell her what happened. I just told her that I needed to see her. I slept with her. It was a good night because I forgot about Alex Standall and his shitty feelings for me.

Was I disgusted? I dont know. But I could never hate Alex.

I wanted to get Alex off of my mind not because Im inlove with him but because Im not. Because I know he's hurting and I couldnt do anything about it.

But waking up beside Chloe didnt feel wonderful. We didnt drink any alcohol last night but I was greeted by a shitty headache. I felt a pang of pain strike my left temple.

I stood up. Chloe was still sleeping, wearing nothing but a blanket covering her bare body. She transfered school after everything that happened last school year but we decided to continue seeing each other.

Do I love Chloe? I think so. Do I see myself marrying her someday? Im not so sure. All I know is that I like seeing her and I do enjoy sleeping with her.

I didnt want to wake her up so I just sent her a text message that I need to go home and take a shower.

First day of school as a senior. Why am I suddenly nervous? I practically own the whole campus now. Everyone knows me at this point, I may not be the quarterback but I am an integral part of the football team. Why the fuck am I nervous?

Alex Standall. Ofcourse.

I told him I could never hate him which is true but Im starting to overthink how I would act around him. Should I change and respect his walls? Or should I act as if nothing happened and still be his best friend?

Thank God I dont have any classes with Alex today so the only time I would see him is during breaks and after school. I dont want to avoid him but Im still thinking on how to act around him.

I always drive Alex home but that means we would be alone in my car.

Fuck that.

Alex is my best friend I shouldnt be thinking too much about this.

Face it. I thought to myself.

I headed for my locker which is a few lockers away from Alex's locker. Usually Alex would be here, waiting for me, we would chat for a bit and walk to our classrooms. But today was not an ordinary day. Something happened last night. Something that maybe I didnt handle that well.