Chapter 23

Zach

We were on the way to school and this was the first time since the Luke fiasco that I felt good going to school. I was in a good mood and so was Alex. We were bopping our heads to Nowhere Fast by The Smiths. I didnt know the words to the song, Alex was singing it as if he was the one who wrote it.

Alex and I had our first sex last night. I couldnt believe I took Alex Standall's virginity. I popped his cherry. That would probably one of my greatest achievment in life. He gave me control last night, control over his body. He trusted me to take care of him, not hurt him. I did my best to do that, I was sure the pain was unavoidable but I made sure the pleasure was the one that he would always remember everytime we reminisce about our first sex.

"I love this song so much." Alex smiled widely. Alex was blooming, the smile on his face was there the moment we woke up. Please dont lose that smile, Alex.

"You love it more than me?" I winked at him and Alex took it seriously. He paused, he looked like he was thinking deeply.

"No," Alex fixed his hair on the sideview mirror. He grinned at me. "I think I love you more. Eventhough you're a pain in the ass, like literally. Im kind of having a hard time walking because of last night. I feel weird."

"Want me to carry you all the way to your class?" I teased Alex. He chuckled at my question.

"Sure, Asian Superman." Alex teased back. I laughed at his super hero nickname for me. "Might aswell fly me to Starbucks while you're at it."

Asian Superman? I was actually digging it.

"If I was an Asian Superman then you would definitely be my kryptonite." I smirked at Alex. That was cheesy as fuck but anything for Alex.

"That's so cheesy," Alex cringed. "Please dont ever say that again."

"To be fair, you started it." I shook my head, still laughing at my own cringey pick up line. My eyes were focused on the road.

"And I'm ending it," Alex pressed next on the radio. Sanctuary by Joji started playing. This song slapped, it was now my time to sing every words to this song. "This song is nice."

I parked the car on the school parking lot. Students and teachers were already present. I held Alex's hand before going out of the car, I looked around made sure no one was looking when I gave him a peck on the lips. I would miss his lips today.

The first part of the day was uneventful.  Listened to the teacher, Clay asked me some questions regarding the lessons. I even let him copy my notes. Anything to help the guy. He also mentioned that he and Justin were now okay, but they were both grounded. Atleast they got each other to entertain themselves while their stucked in their house.

Lunch break came and everyone was present in the table. Looking back from last year, we all seemed different now. Ani and Clay were no longer together, Justin looked healthy, Tyler were now leading most of the conversation, Jessica gained her confidence back, Tony was the same perosnality wise but he dyed his hair blonde. And Alex, he was no longer hung up over Jessica, he found someone that would never make him a second choice. That someone was me, Zach Dempsey. I was one of the star player of the football team last year, I dated the head cheerleader, Chloe Rice. That was all in the past now, it felt like I was a completely different person.

Not a different person. This was my true self, I knew being with Alex would crack the perfect shell I covered myself in. But I wasnt ready to show the world yet, not yet. A few years maybe? When I could finally support myself financially.