Chapter 17

Zach

The combination of gunshots and curse words coming out of Alex's mouth were filling his room. We were playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on his Playstation 4. I was a silent player, all you could hear from me were muffled grunts and sighs. Alex was the other way around, if he could I bet he would curse in all of the languages available on this earth.

"Jesus fuck," Alex screamed in frustration. "That dude killed me with a knife."

"Alex, language." I chirped in.

"With a fucking knife, Zach." Alex huffed angrilly.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I heard you."

"A fucking knife," Alex was now smashing the controller. "Jesus fuck."

"Language," I yawned. We've been playing for a few hours now and I could feel Hypnos, the Greek God of sleep, whispering sweet lullabies in my ears. I threw the controller on the bed. "Alex, can we cuddle now? I'm feeling a little sleepy."

"One more game," Alex gave me his best puppy eyes, which to be honest I would clearly say yes even if he didnt do that. "Please?"

"But first." I pointed my finger at my cheek, asking for a kiss.

"Zach, the game is about to start." Alex already started the game were already on the loading screen before the match.

"Kiss or I wont play." I threatened Alex and it worked.

Alex rolled his eyes like a grumpy kid, leaned forward and pecked my cheek. It was just an act though, we both knew he wanted that kiss aswell.

The match ended after a ten whole stressful minutes. Our team won and I was the one who carried our team to victory, Alex had a bad match and he just threw the controller mid game and gave up.

We were now on his bed, under the sheets, cuddling. Figuring out who was the big spoon and the small spoon between us wasnt rocket science. My arms were wrapped around Alex, his back was facing me. My lips were brushing on the back of his neck everytime he moved.

"Zach." Alex wrapped his fingers on my arm as I hold him.

"Mmm, Yeah?" My eyes were already closed and hearing Alex's relaxing voice wasnt helping at all.

"Dont worry about Luke," Alex mentioned. "He wont tell your mom about us. He doesnt even have proof."

"Yeah." I answered. My voice was barely hearable but I was close to Alex's ear. Luke Holliday threatening to tell my mom about my relationship with Alex was indeed scary. It would be my absolute nightmare. My mom grew up in a conservative asian family, she wouldnt be very happy about my little secret.

"Zach?" Alex turned around and faced me, my arms were still wrapped around him like a burrito.

"Yeah?" I was falling asleep. I could smell Alex's breath, it was minty.

"I love you."

Then I fell asleep. Hearing those three words from him. Those three words that we had been telling each other for years but this time it meant something more. It wasnt an I love you from Alex that was my bestfriend but from Alex that was now my boyfriend.

I wasnt sure if I said those three words back at him before I fell asleep but I already knew my answer. It was the easiest decision I had made in my life, so far.

My arms were locked around Alex, protecting him, like a fragile item. I could feel him moving around for a bit and then he stopped, finally found a comfortable spot.