Chapter 39

Alex

I was in our living room, waiting for my dad to come home. Zach was at his work and I decided to come directly into our house, I wanted to talk to my dad and tell him everything. Winston's place was nice but I felt like were already overstaying, Zach on the other still kept insisting a place he could rent using his salary money.

This had nothing to do with the threesome that happened the other day. I didnt regret doing it, but it was just a one time thing, I really didnt see myself doing it with Winston again. Zach was the only one I wanted, what happened the other day was nothing but a product of our raging hormones as teenagers. Nothing more, nothing less.

The aroma of coffee was the only thing I could smell inside our house. I brewed some coffee and prepared two cups of coffee, one for me and one for my dad, something to calm him down as I explain what had been happening lately.

I could hear the sound of a car parking on our front porch, it had to be my dad. I straightened my back as I sat on the couch, waiting for me, pretending to look formal. My dad stepped in to our house, he closed his eyes, smiling as the scent of the coffee hit his nostrils. He opened his eyes, seeing his son brought delight on his lips.

"Alex," My dad greeted me. I asked him to sit in front of me, I handed him the coffee I prepared for him. "Thank you. How's the school project you're working on?"

I bit my lower lip, it was the lie I asked Peter to support me when I tell my dad. A school project we would be working on for days that I had to sleep over at my classmates place. It was nothing but a lie, the truth was I was staying at Winston's place with Zach.

"Dad," I took a sip of the coffee letting the caffeine wake my body up. My dad wouldnt appreciate me lying to him but he would never hate me for it. "I actually lied."

"What?" He gently placed the mug on the living room table. He finally figured it out, it clicked in his mind, the puzzle pieces piecing itself together on its own. "Have you been staying with Zach these past few days? Tell me the truth, Alex."

"I have," I admitted. I knew my dad and covering up a lie with another lie would only piss him off even more. I had to be honest, I wanted him to know and understand what was happening with me, especially Zach. "I have my reasons, can you please hear me out?"

"Were trying our best to protect you, Alex." His voice was stern, it made me feel protected and scared at the same time.  "These reasons better be good ones."

"I know that, dad." I felt bad, I knew they just wanted to make sure I was safe from any harm. "And I appreciate it, I really do."

"Its just, Zach told his mom about our relationship, about him." Thinking about the scenario how Zach got disowned by his own blood mother made my stomach churn, there was a pukey feeling inside of me. "He got kicked out from their house."

I continued and told my dad everything in detail. How I found him sleeping at his ex girlfriend, Chloe's, couch. How our friend offered Zach his room, which we had been staying for days now. I told my dad everything, he was quiet, listening and observing.

"Can he please stay here?" I pleaded. I already explained my case. I was now praying that the jury, which was my dad, agreed to my request. "I know he did something wrong, but he regret it. He already apologized, countless times."

"Please dad," This might be the first time I begged in front of my dad. Anything for Zach, I guess. "I'll do anything."

"Okay." Wait, did I just hear him right? I was not expecting him to just plainly say yes. I looked at my dad, my eyes were beaming with joy. "Under one condition."

"Ofcourse." I was fighting the urge to jump and hug my dad.

"I have to talk to him first," He demanded. I nodded at him, I was sure Zach wouldnt mind talking to my dad. "Without you, I want to talk to him, just us."

"Okay, dad." I could no longer hold it back. I stood up and changed seat, I sat beside him and gave him a tight embrace. "Thank you so much dad."

"Its because I love you son," He hugged me, letting me rest on his chest. "I want to make you happy and make sure you're always safe and if Zach is a part of that then I'm going to just swallow my pride and let my personal feelings fade away."

"What I'm feeling is not important," My dad pointed and poked my chest. "This, this is whats important. What you're feeling, what you want, what's making you happy."

"Thank you dad," I actually understood his reason why he wanted me to stay away from Zach, he wanted to protect his son. If I could choose a father in my next life, I would always choose him. "I love you."

"I love you, son."

-

Another chapter. Just wanted to post this before sleeping. Sorry for the late upload these past few days.

- G