Chapter 29

Alex

Hey, Alex. Want to hang out? I'm free today. I received a text from an unknown number after class. The first person that came to my mind was Zach. But I had Zach's number, unless he changed his number, this was probably a different person. I replied, asking who he or she was. I actually had no idea.

Tony Padilla had been giving me a ride home since my break up with Zach. My dad wanted to pick me up everyday, he wanted to make sure I was nowhere near Zach. But Tony offered to drive me home instead, which my dad agreed to probably because Tony looked like a decent person, someone with no vice, someone who wouldnt hurt their child.

Its Winston. Weird guy from the party? You gave me your number at Monet's. Remember. Oh, the friend I made when I went to that party where Zach drunk kissed me.

Oh. Im so sorry. Yeah, Im free right now. Where do you want to hang out. I replied and then added. I dont have a car by the way.

Winston was a fast replier. I got a response from him a few seconds after I sent my message. Okay, give me fifteen minutes, will pick you up at Monet's.

I walked on the school parking lot where Tony was waiting for me. I searched for Zach's car but it was no longer there.

"Looking for someone?" Tony asked. He knew about my relationship with Zach. I was comfortable with Tony, he was one of the first person I came out to.

"No," I shyly smiled at him, I could feel myself getting defensive. "Is it okay if you dont give me a ride today?"

"Sure," Tony said, he was sitting on his car's hood. "Grind'r hook up?"

"What?" I almost choked on my own tongue. I had never tried Grind'r. I would be honest, I downloaded it once because I got curious. Ended up deleting it without even making an account. "No, I dont even have a Grind'r."

"Really?" Tony thought I was lying.

"Yeah," I showed him my phone, let him scroll through all of my applications. "Plus, I dont think I could ever do that to Zach."

"You're a loyal one, Alex." Tony entered his car. "Zach is very lucky to have you."

"I'm luckier," I gave Tony a sheepishly smile. "Zach is one of a kind."

A black car stopped in front of Monet's. Twenty minutes had passed and I thought I was going to get kidnapped. Winston opened the window and apologized for being late for five minutes.

"Traffic," Winston beamed at me, he was still wearing his school uniform. "Get in."

The smell of Winston's car was refreshing, it was minty and mentol. I could feel my head relaxing as I sat on the front seat beside him.

"Nice car." It looked like an expensive car and knowing how Winston was from Hillcrest High, a private school, doesnt surprise me

"Its my dad's," He paused and then squinted. "I lied to you. I'm sorry, there was no traffic. I got you a coffee before going here."

"Oh," I looked at the coffee holder beside my seat. I thought it was an empty cup but when I touched it, it was hot. "Thank you."

"I didn't know your order so I just got you their regular black coffee." Winston admitted. Which was fair, this was our third time seeing each other.

I took a sip and disgust was visible on my face. Jesus Christ, that was gross.

"Im guessing, you didnt like it." Winston chuckled.

"Too bitter." I replied honestly.

He grabbed the cup of coffee he bought for me and then took a short sip. "Okay, yeah. That was disgusting."