Chapter 16

Zach

I decided to take Alex on Monet's. I know, Shocker. But I didnt want to go big just yet, it was our first date and I wanted it to be comfortable and familiar to Alex at the same time. Monet's was not exactly the most expensive cafe out there but they do make great drinks and cakes.

This was our first date and usually, boys always pay on the first date but fuck those rules. Girls can pay on the first date too. But today I wanted to treat Alex, he could pay on the next date but this one was going to my wallet.

Alex told me his order, he wanted to try dark mocha frappucino with sprinkles, whipped cream and strawberry syrup on top, his order was weird and unique just like him. I would say that Alex was a weirdly hot guy, he was one of those hot boys that had no idea people were drooling over them. And I guess I was one of those people.

I didnt want to order a hot chocolate or a plain coffee so I also ordered the same thing Alex ordered but without strawberry syrup and replaced it with a caramel one. Ordered three slices of cheesecake too, one for me and two slices for Alex. It was his favorite.

When I finished ordering I glanced at our table to check if Alex was still there. And he was. But he was talking to someone else, a boy his height, wearing a school uniform that looked like he was attending Hillcrest High, an exclusive private school in town.

Like the proud boyfriend that I was, I confidently walked towards our table. Alex beamed when he saw me, the guy he was talking to turned around and gave me a shy smile. I was right, he was wearing a uniform from Hillcrest. I havent seen this guy, he looked like he belonged in a private school, he had a nice wavy hair that I was sure only a few men could pull off.

"Zach," Alex stood up and introduced me to his friend. "This is Winston, met him at the party."

"Like that party?" The party where I got so drunk, threw up and kissed you?

"Yeah that party," Alex's eyes widened. "He's from Hillcrest."

"Hi Winston," I shook Winston's hands, and even his hand felt smooth and fancy. "The name is Zach."

"Nice to meet you Zach," He looked at his watch and said. "But I got to go."

"Nice seeing you here Alex," Winston continued. "We should defenitely hang out sometimes."

"Ofcourse," Alex gave winston a quick hug. "You already have my number, just send me a text or something."

"Sure," Winston smiled at us. "You should come too, Zach."

Winston walked away and I gave Alex the 'You will tell me all about this when he's out of the door' face and he understood it. Our order came, Alex looked like a kid ready to devour the cheesecake in front of him. He grabbed the fork and quickly took a bite of the cake.

"Okay. Who is this Winston dude," I brought back the topic, Alex's focus was already on the cheesecake. "And should I be worried about him? He wont steal you from me right?"

"What?" Alex gave me a confused look. He took another bite of the cheesecake. "No, he's just a friend."

"Sure." I teased. I already knew Winston was just a friend to Alex but I wanted to keep teasing him.

"He's just a friend," He stopped eating to finally look at me in the eyes. "I like you okay? Ive been crushing on you for God knows how long."

"But Winston is very handsome." I smirked.

"He is," Alex rolled his eyes and went back to his cheesecake. "Doesnt mean I like him like that. I wont trade you for someone else, can you shut up now?"