Chapter 31

Alex

"Thank you for the ride." Winston drove me back home, the car wasnt moving, we were already parked in our front porch. It was already dark, the stars in the nightsky and the street lamps were the only source of light.

"No problem, Alex." Winston's voice was deep, like a wishing well with water on it. "Lets hang again soon? If you still want to."

"Definitely," I paused for a bit unsure of what to say. "I enjoyed hanging out with you today."

"You know, Id kiss you again right now if it werent for Zach." I ignored his statement. I didnt want to make things awkward and the more that we talk about anything romantic or sexual, the more it made me feel like I was betraying Zach behind his back.

"Winston," I didnt know what to say. He brought up the kiss again, which made the night a little awkward. I told Winston about my situation with Zach right now, how were taking a break from our relationship, but were kind of still together. "I dont know."

"You know what," Winston took off his seatbealt. Lunged himself forward and muttered. "Fuck it."

He grabbed the back of my neck and started kissing my lips, he went for my bottom lip first. For a few seconds, I found myself kissing him back and then the reality struck me like a lightning, the roaring thunder that followed made me push Winston away from me.

"Winston, I-I." I couldnt finish my sentence, I was stuttering. I was starting to sense a sickening feeling building up inside my stomach. I wanted to vommit, malicious bile was the only thing I could taste in my mouth.

"Im sorry," Winston spoke, his deep voice sipping through my ears. "I couldnt help it."

"Winston," I sighed. I couldnt stop thinking about Zach, how he would react when I tell him Winston kissed me and for a brief moment, I kissed him back. "Please dont do that again."

"Okay," He was looking down, shame catching him off guard. "Im sorry. I just thought you guys were on a break."

"Doesn't mean I can kiss anyone I want," I explained. It might be hard to comprehend but I believe that staying with someone would always be a matter of choice. Temptations would always be there but its your choice to not take a bite of the poisonous apple. "I love, Zach. Okay? Break or not, I would never hurt him like that."

"You kissed me back." Winston said, softly this time.

"I shouldnt have done that," There was it again, the pukey feeling in my stomach. It was now in my throat. "I dont know why I did that but I shouldnt have done that."

"Okay," He was relaxing his back on the driver seat. "I promise I wont kiss you again, Alex."

I went out of the car and thanked him again for giving me a ride home. He shrugged it off with a smile and then went off, without another word.

The thought of Zach reacting to what I did was filling up my head. Every corner of my brain was playing a scenario that I didnt like. Winston kissed me twice and I let him, I even kissed him back. I couldnt help but feel disappointed with myself.

Winston was nice and handsome but I never really thought of him like that, kissing him or being with him. Zach was the only one I like, I love. But would he believe that if I tell him that I kissed Winston back?

I told my parents that I hung out with a friend. My dad raised an eyebrow, I assured him it wasnt Zach. Peter pulled me from the side, he wanted to tell me something.

"Zach came here earlier," Peter whispered, making sure our dad was not eavesdropping. "He was looking for you."

Why would Zach look for me? He couldve easily talked to me at school. Oh wait, I was avoiding him.

"Did he tell you why?" I asked my brother.

"No," Peter glanced at our dad who was busy talking to our mom. "You should give him a call."

"Okay," Why was Zach looking for me? "I will. Thank you, Peter."

I went into my room and dialled Zach's number. Cannot be reached. I tried calling him a few more times. His phone was not ringing, indicating he either turned it off or he forgot to charge his phone. I was leaning on the latter.

Sleeping was peaceful at first. I had a dream, Zach was there. I looked around and we were at the rooftop, Zach was wearing the same clothes he was wearing when I first kissed him. I was also wearing the same brown jacket and pants I wore that day.

I felt a shadow pulling me, and I almost fell but Zach caught me with his two strong arms. He looked nervous and relieved at the same time. He smiled at me and just like what happened in reality, I grabbed his face and kissed him. This time, he kissed me back. But his lips felt different, it was not as soft as I remembered and his kiss were rough and desperate. I pushed him back and his face changed, his eyes became bigger, his hair was longer and had curls on the front. It wasnt Zach. It was Winston.

"You liked the kiss, dont you?" Winston whispered. I wanted to turn around and look for Zach but I couldnt move my body. "Dont worry, I wont tell Zach."

I closed my eyes so hard, I could feel my eyeballs hitting my brain. I woke up as soon as my alarm started ringing. I looked at the clock and at my phone. No text from Zach. I breathed out and closed my eyes again. It was just a dream, Alex.

I couldnt keep what happened between me and Winston yesterday from Zach. I needed to tell him and I decided that Zach would hear it from me today. He deserved to know the truth, even if it would hurt him.

-

I'm so sorry for my Zalex shippers. I promise things will become a little fast-paced after this chapter.

Keep the comments and votes coming, I appreciate them so much. I love reading them.

- G