Chapter 13

Alex

"How was the support group?" I asked Justin. The classes were already dismissed, we were on the hallways near the lockers. The students were loud, I could hear a few people talking about the party last friday. The party where things started really fucking up for me.

"It went surprisingly well," Justin answered. He was wearing the basketball team's varsity jacket eventhough he was no longer part of the team. "How was the party?"

How was the party, Alex? I asked myself. It was a disaster but like a car crash happening in front of me I just stood there and watched it. Zach Dempsey got drunk and kissed me. If I was on a different universe I would be the happiest person on earth. His stupid, but kind of nice, kiss was the reason why I broke up with Charlie. Because the moment his lips touched mine I got reminded that moving on from Zach would be impossible.

Ofcourse I didnt tell Justin any of that.

"It was okay," I straightened my back, to hide the fact that I wasnt straight. "Where's Clay?"

"He said he would be at the guidance office," Justin leaned on the locker. "I dont know why though. I hope he's not in any kind of trouble."

"It's Clay," I mean, Clay was probably the nicest person I know. I doubt he would be in any trouble. "He's a good student. Dont worry about him."

Since I already broke up with Charlie and Zach and I werent exactly talking the only choice I had right now is to walk home. Clay and Justin would agree to drive me home but I didnt want to bother them, Tony would too but his car was no longer in the parking lot when I checked.

So I told Justin that I had to go. I left him leaning on the lockers, I think it was Clay's. Justin used to be the baddest fuck boy of this school and now he was just standing there, without any of his toxic friends, patiently waiting for Clay like a puppy.

Im so fucking tired of walking. I wasnt even halfway to my place, why couldnt my parents just buy me a second hand car. Yeah, because they just bought my brother, Peter, a new car. It sucks being the youngest child, all you can get are the leftovers.

I heard a few honks from some car behind me. At first, I thought it wasnt directed at me so I just ignored it. Then the familiar car passed by me and stopped. It was Zach's car. Of-fucking-course.

He slid down the windor mirror. "Get in."

"No." I looked at him and sighed.

I started walking faster and he didnt budge, he followed me with his car.

"Alex," Zach breathed out in frustration. "Get in the car."

"Nope." Okay, I would admit that I was acting like a child. I would never swallow my pride for him, I would never swallow anything for him.

"Stop acting like a child." Zach stopped the car so I took that as an opportunity to walk even faster.

I heard the car door open. Fuck. I was about to take one more step away from him but I felt two strong arms around me and with one sweep, Zach was carrying me on his shoulder like I was a log.

"What the fuck are you doing," I fought but Zach was way stronger than me. "Put me down."

"Stop fighting." Zach shouted at me.

"This is kidnap," I looked around and there were a few people staring at us weirdly. "Help!"

But they didnt help they just rolled their eyes and scoffed, probably thinking I was just an attenion seeking kid.