Chapter 2 - Madeline

Hi LA!

I just arrived yesterday and checked into the hotel Thomas arranged for me. When I arrived at the hotel, I was a bit shocked. This is a five stars hotel. I don't think the company will happily reimburse me for this. But Thomas said he will pay for the hotel. Because he felt bad, I couldn't crash at his place.

I rented the apartment, but it's available next week. So this week I need to stay somewhere else. My first choice is to crash at Thomas's apartment.

We've been together for almost 2 years, but we haven't slept together yet. As in, have sex. I don't know it is because I'm still a virgin or because I just trust my gut that I need to wait longer until I fully trust him. Not that I don't trust him now. It's complicated for me to explain. It's just my gut says not yet and I go with it. Luckily, Thomas is an understanding boyfriend.

Maybe he thinks it's going to be awkward to have me in his apartment for a week but cannot touch me (not that he never touched me, we kissed and made out a bit), but since we didn't have too many times alone, with me who always stayed by mom said back then, so Thomas and I didn't see each other as much as other couple.

My second choice is to crash at my best friend's apartment, Meredith Underhill, a singer and songwriter, an actress voted as one of the sexiest women in the world. Her album always platinum, more often than not, her movies went to box office. People said that her voice is like an angel's voice. Actually, not just the voice, her personality as well. Even though her name is all over the world, she is still a humble person. She never makes you feel less, and there is never a hint of bitch diva action in her.

But sadly, she is on her concert tour for a month. I know if I asked her she would say yes and I could stay at her place as long as I want. She even got mad at me when I called her yesterday to inform her about my moving to LA. She said I should stay with her instead of renting an apartment by myself. I want to stay with her. It brings back our old memories when we were roomies. But I want to stand by myself. It's time for me to grow up. Try to live by myself. I think I just want to try because I've spent my life living with mom since she was too sick to live by herself. And I'm glad I can spend so much time with her until her last breath.

My phone rings and I can guess who is calling. "Hi Helen," I pick up the phone.

"How are you, sweetheart? Everything good? You need help?"

I smile at her too many questions. She plays the grandma's role very well. Her grandchildren must. be adore her from head to toe. "Yes Helen. I'm good. Thomas booked a very nice hotel for me. I guess, he felt bad because I can stay at his place"

"That's the least he can do for you, Mads."

Why did I hear her voice colder?

"So, what are you doing right now? It's Saturday, you are free, right?" Her voice goes back to normal. Maybe that's just my imagination.

"Um.. dunno. Strolling around, I guess. Go to the Hall headquarters to learn how long it takes for me to arrive on time to the office, and to check my working place surrounding."

"Oh, you're such a good worker. Your boss will love you."

We chat a little and I say bye-bye to Helen. Assure her to not worry about me.

I go to the lobby and go straight to the valet counter. Another friend of mine, Andreas Roderick, said that his driver brought a car for me and put it with the valet guy.

Andreas, or we called him Drew, is one of my best friends. Like Meredith, we lived in the same house 5 years ago. Meredith, Drew, Tony, Jase and I. But let's talk about that in another story. For now, I'm too excited to see LA. It's been a while since I visited this lovely city!