Chapter 56 - Madeline

Ethan and I sit in the Bentley. He didn't ask me anymore about yesterday's event, but he keeps looking at me as if he wants to make sure I wouldn't explode like this morning. What a crazy woman I was this morning!

I sit closer to him and snuggle into Ethan's chest. "I'm sorry," I say.

Ethan caresses my hair and kisses my forehead. "You feel better now?"

I nod and hug him tightly. "I love you, Ethan," I whisper. He kisses my head again. "I love you too, Sweetness. I love you so much. I will do anything to make you happy."

"You make me happy, Ethan."

***

We arrived at the Hall HQ around 10 am. Ethan and I go straight to our floor. Anna's eyes widen when she looks at us. "Ethan, Mads, I thought both of you take a day off"

"Sorry Anna, I forgot to tell you. There is some work we need to do today," Ethan answers.

"Oh, okay. By the way, I have a package for you, Ethan. It's from Hall Media. I already put it on your desk."

Ethan nods, saying his thank you, and goes to his office.

"Mads! You looked so pretty yesterday!" Anna is bubbling while we go to my desk.

I smile at her excitement. "Is there any interesting picture? I haven't checked the news."

"From the red carpet? Yours is the best, but I also like Meredith Underhill and Christian Hall. They make a handsome couple," she shows her screen to me.

Meredith in her daring red dress, Christian in his tux. They really look great together. I need to call Meredith later; she has something to explain to me about Christian's voice this morning.

"Lots of people bet when is the big day," Anna beams.

"What big day?" I ask, confused.

"Ethan Hall and Madeline Parker's wedding."

"What?" I laugh. Anna shows me the picture. It's me and Ethan. We were looking at each other with love. I feel stupid now, why Geneva toxic words get into me easily when I have this love with Ethan?

The elevator ding, Rainey emerges. "Hi Anna!" When her eyes find me, she squeaks. "Mads?"

"What?"

"Why are you here? Are you a robot? You need a rest! Even a robot need to recharge!" Rainey frowns. "Ethan Hall works you too much?" She asks in conspiracy.

I laugh. "No, Rainey. Actually, he asked me to take a day off, but I refused. What about you? Why are you here?"

"I want to put these guest books on your desk and enjoy my day today. I'm entitled to that." She laughs.

I check at my watch. "Can you wait for another hour? We can have lunch together. My treat for you for your excellent job last night."

"How could I say no to a treat?" she laughs. "I'll go to put my dress in the laundry, and I come back here to get you?"

"Perfect."

***

At 11.55 am, I knock on Ethan's door and come in.

Ethan looks at me and smiles. He stands up and walks to me. "Rainey is here?" I told him earlier I'm going to have lunch with Rainey.

"Yes, she is in the lobby. Do you want me to buy anything for your lunch?"

He shakes his head. "I will have my lunch with Mike. He just came back from Europe."

"My workaholic boyfriend," I laugh and caress his jaw. "You're going to have a working lunch with Mike, for sure."