Chapter 8 - Ethan

It's her! She's here! Wait... am I dreaming? No, I'm not dreaming. Then why the hell is she here right now?

"Ethan! You hear me?" Sarah's voice comes to my ears. I look at Sarah, she's looking at me like there is a horn in the middle of my head. Maybe she reads my reaction to this woman. Wait a minute! Sarah said she will work for me as my executive assistant. She's the one who's going to replace Sarah.

My eyes back at her again. Her face is pale right now. I wonder whether she will faint. And ridiculously, my dick is up to say hello to her. What the hell! Traitor!!

"What's your name?" I ask her. My voice sounds clipped.

She opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. She clears her throat and tries again. "Madeline Parker, sir."

"Madeline," I try her name on my lips. The name suits her perfectly. I like it.

"Ethan?" Sarah says warily. I glance at her. I swear she's a minute away to call an ambulance if I don't start my routine with her like usual.

I clear my throat. "Why are you keep calling me, Sarah? We can start my schedule right now," I say, looking at my document. Because I need to keep my eyes in place. I know if I let my eyes do anything they want. They will glue at Madeline, check her out, and I think she will not appreciate it. By the way, she dressed in that professional look makes me want to bend her on my desk so we can have office sex... fuck me! I can't have a hard-on right now.

I barely notice that Sarah has already stopped talking. God, what is wrong with me?

"Sarah, can you help me check the multimedia for the meeting?" I order her. I know this is ridiculous. It's not her job. But I need her to step out for a while. I need to talk with Madeline alone.

Sarah is a second away from calling the ambulance now. But she nods and walks to the door. Madeline ready to follow her.

"Madeline," I call her. They both look back at me. Shit! I have no reason to ask her to stay here... but whatever. I'm the boss.

"Stay here," I say curtly.

"What?" she squeaks

"You heard me. You can go now, Sarah." Sarah nods and closes the door behind her.

Finally. Now it's just the two of us. I stand up from my chair, round the table and put my hip on the table. All the way, I hold her aquamarine eyes with mine. I can't read her. But for sure, she's nervous right now.

She unconsciously bites her bottom lips. Damn! My dick twitch.

"Hello again Madeline," I say smoothly.

She swallows. Her eyes are still on me. Her cheeks pink a bit. What's on her mind? Our night together?

So many questions in my head now... let's start from the beginning.

"Did you recognize who I was when we were in the restaurant?" She shakes her head.

"Then, how did you end up in my room?" Her eyes widen. She looks shocked.

"What do you mean? That was my room. And actually I'm the one who should ask you this question. How did you end up in my bed?" She asks me. Her eyes on me. They are fiery, sparkling with anger. God, this woman is something. Every woman tries to get into my pants. This woman, I think she is a second away from throwing her notebook at me, and walk out from my office.

I can feel my lips twitch up in amusement. "Okay, if that was your room, then why did the staff give me the keys?" I ask her. I can't help to keep pushing her. I like the fiery in her eyes too much.

"If that was your room, then why could I sleep there?" She counters, ready to start the verbal judo with me. Smart woman!

I put my hands inside my pockets just because I'm so itchy to touch her. And I couldn't blame her if she'd sue me for sexual harassment. "Okay, listen to me. That's my question as well. But I already asked my people to overlook at it to find out what the hell was happening that night. So, if you can tell me the truth, it will help me and my people. So we don't have to waste our time on this."

Okay, now she's ready to throw her heels at me. But damn! I like it. I didn't know until now that I like feisty women. Is it her feisty or I just like her? Whoa! We're not going there buddy!

She takes a breath and squares her shoulders. "With all due respect, Mr. Hall." Her voice shaky with anger. "If you remember what happened, you took advantage of me when I was asleep and drunk. And you..." she trails off. I know what she's going to say. But I merely raise an eyebrow at her. It's so good to tease her. Her blush creeping from her neck to her face. I like it.

But she doesn't continue. She just stare at my shoulder. I can't help to chuckle and oops... she's annoyed.

"Mr. Hall, you took my virginity, and you accused me I'm the one who went to your room? That's ridiculous!! People said that you are a genius. But flash news! They were wrong! You came to my room. That was my room since I had my luggage and stuff in there. My... friend checked me in. If you don't believe me, you can check with the hotel. And what kind of girl wants to give her virginity to a stranger? You think I'm a hooker or what!" She pants a little, and I can't help my eyes move to her moving breasts.

"And stop checking me out!" She says angrily and covers her breasts with her iPad. Like that thing can cover her magnificent breasts.

"Okay, Sweetness-."

She cuts me "Did you just call me Sweetness?"

I raise an eyebrow at her.

"It's Madeline Parker!" She scowls.

God, in a few minutes of our first talking session, Madeline Parker already crossed a lot of things that no one ever did to me.

I put my hand up to stop her, and it works. She bites her bottom lips again. Damn! I want to bite it too. I stand up and go behind my desk. Not because I want to sit there. More likely because I need to cover my tent. I'm sure she will kill me right in this office if she realized how aroused I am by her feisty attitude.

"I will keep calling you Sweetness. Because last time I checked Madeleine cake was still sweet. And Madeline is too long for me. So. Sweetness it is." I shrug, ignoring her jaw drops. "As for that night's event. Soon my people will figure out what really happened. And as for your virginity..." I stop because I can see the blush creeping back to her face. She's cute with the blush and I like it I'm the one who put that blush on her.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you were a virgin," I say, looking deeply into her eyes. I sincerely regret that her first time happened when I was under the influence. But I didn't tell her because for all I know, there is a big possibility she's the one who orchestrated that night. My gut says she knows nothing, just like me. But still... I promise I will tell her how sorry I am if she really is not the one behind this.

She says nothing. She still glares at me, or at least she is trying to glare at me, trying to show me she is a strong woman, but I can see her aquamarine eyes are holding tears and fear. She bites her lip so hard that her bottom lips are now colorless. And something pushes me to come closer to her. I cup her face, use my thumb to free her bottom lip and the next words come out from my lips with no input from my brain. "Everything is going to be okay," I whisper, and I do the thing that I really crave to do since the first time I saw her this morning. I claim her mouth.