Chapter 61 - Madeline

The party is extravagant! Katherine Dale and her fiancé, Derek Adams, just got into the hall. They make a handsome couple. Katherine is wearing a special fabric. She looks like a queen, with her platinum hair in a messy bun adorned with a tiara. Her fiancé is a handsome man. His hair is dark brown. He looks a bit like Chris Hemsworth, actually. Perfect in his tux and big smile. They look deliriously happy. I notice both of them come from prominent families. But I'm still amazed they can pull this kind of party in a short time.

Ethan's hand rests on my waist all the time. Like it belongs there. "What is in your head, Sweetness?" He whispers in my ear. "Are you planning our party?"

I laugh and jab at him. "They are super happy," I gesture at Katherine and Derek.

"Well, Derek was a playboy until he met Kate 2 years ago. He changed to a new person. Everyone was shocked. Even Derek's own parents," he chuckles.

"Love can change everything," I say.

"Yes, it is." Somehow, the way he says it makes me glance at him. He looks at me with his hazel eyes. A lot of emotion in there. "It's changed me, too. You've changed me, Sweetness." He caresses my cheek. I smile at him.

Suddenly... "Ethan, please! You can do this later!"

Ethan rolls his eyes and turns around. It's Katherine Dale. She looks even prettier in close up.

"Sweetness, this is Katherine Dale soon to be Katherine Adams. Kate, my girlfriend Madeline Parker."

"Soon to be Madeline Hall?" She teases Ethan and laughs with her own jokes. She comes forward to me and hugs me. "Finally, I can meet you in person, Mads!" The way she said it is like she knows me for a very long time.

"It's my pleasure to meet you, Kate. Congrats on your engagement," I smile.

"Thank you so much, Sweetness." She laughs. She keeps laughing all the time. Her happiness is obvious. I can't help but to laugh with her.

"Jesus, Kate! Behave! She is Madeline to you!" Ethan hisses.

"I love to hear a couple calling some cute nickname, you know!"

"Ah... I got it. Princess isn't too cute. What about if you asked Derek to call you 'unicorn'?" Ethan says dryly.

At his speech, Derek kept calling Kate Princess. He tried to call her by Kate to make it more formal, but he often slipped and made all the guests laughs.

Katherine blushes and jabs Ethan's. "Shut up, you Ethan Hall!" She looks at me and beams. "You look even prettier in person!" Okay, I'm confused. She really said it like she knows me very well.

"Kate, did you know Madeline before?" Ethan asks her. I'm sure Ethan confused, too.

"I was a Mads-liner," she says happily.

"What?" My eyes widen. At the same time, Ethan asks, "what's that?"

Kate shakes her head. "Don't trust him when he said you are the love of his life. He didn't know you that well, Mads. I'm better than him." Kate pulls me from Ethan and we laugh while Ethan is still frowning.

Ethan pulls me back to him and puts his arm on my shoulders. "What is Mads-liner, Sweetness?"

I blush. "It's... um... nothing." Suddenly I'm shy. Is it okay for me to say it was my fan based? Since I'm no one.

"It's not nothing!" Kate complains. "You should be proud of yourself, Mads. My friends and I still talking about you from time to time."

"Okay, Sweetness you have to tell me. What is Kate talking about?"