Chapter 50 - Ethan

I sit on my couch in the living room. Drink my vodka in one gulp. "Tell me what to do!"

Consuela, Christian, and Jack look at each other and me. "Apologize," they say in unison. God, they are so stupid! "I know! But how?" I ask impatiently.

"Well, obviously, you don't know, E," Christian says to me.

"What do you mean? Did you see what happened earlier, Christian? She ignored me! You have to help me. You are part of this shit!" I point at him.

Christian holds both of his hands up in surrender. "Chill out bro! I want to help you. Really. My advice is.. um.." He caresses his chin as if he is trying to find the words. "In my opinion, you should take a Relationship 101 Class."

What the hell?

I glare at him and he laughs. Fucking laugh!

"Ethan, you didn't even say sorry to Mads." This time is Consuela's soft voice.

I look at her in disbelief. "I did, Consuela. All I did is telling her how sorry I am!" I did that, right?

"You didn't say sorry, Ethan. She needs the word. Women need you to say it. Actually, we can see she's not that angry at first. She is getting angrier because you kept giving her your reason. All she wants is a sorry from you. A simple sorry."

I stare at Consuela like she just told me that the sun was rising from the south.

"What you did is making her angrier at you, dear cousin. You flaunt your money, dude. We're talking about Madeline here."

"What do you mean?"

"You realize she's not into your money, right?" Christian asks me warily.

"Of course I know. She likes me because me... just me." And I can't help the smile forming on my mouth. It's always warmed heart when I remember about the day she agreed to be my girlfriend.

"God, you are so whipped and stupid," Christian murmur under his breath. "If you knew, why'd you give her your Amex?"

"So she can pamper herself. Told you I did that because I feel sorry," I say stubbornly. Why can't they understand what I mean?

"You realize she's not into your money and you still give her your money? Wow, E!" Says Christian sarcastically.

Shit! He's right...

"But the car..."

"She deliberately did that to piss you off. It's so obvious, Ethan." Christian shakes his head like he couldn't believe I'm that stupid.

"She asked for your sorry, and you didn't do that. What you did is give her this and that. The things that she doesn't even care about. You didn't say sorry, you were too busy to defend yourself. This is not about who win or lose, Ethan. You are in a relationship not in business," Consuela tells me.

"Fuck!" I curse under my breath. "What should I do now?" Now, I feel like I'm an idiot. Fuck!!

"Gesture, dude! Do something she likes from you."

"She loves when I make love to her." And the two of them choke, while Jack sighs like he knows he needs to be patient with me.

"Say sorry! Mean it!" Consuela lost her control. She never raised her voice to me, but now she does. "Do something that makes her felt that you really are sorry! And don't forget to say sorry! The word!"

I think hard, but my mind is blank. All I can figure out is go to the store where Madeline is, haul her back to here, cuff her in the bed, make love to her until she forgives me.