Chapter 28 - Madeline

Consuela and I turn our head to Ethan's voice.

"Okay, let me prepare for the dessert then. Enjoy your food!" Consuela says and leaves us.

Ethan comes to me. It's always like this. There is a lusty buzz in my head whenever he comes close to me. This is crazy. He touches my cheek. Does he feel it too? Or it's just me and my crazy lust towards this man?

"If I kissed the hell out of you right now, will you still stay here to eat my cook?" He asks huskily. Oh, so I'm not alone in this crazy, lusty buzz. I smile at him and tiptoe. I barely lean on him. Ethan crushes my mouth and kisses the hell out of me.

When the kiss is over, both of us panting. By the tinkling in my mouth, I'm sure it's swollen. He really is a great kisser. I look at him. His mouth is also swollen. Gosh, he is an excellent teacher!

He traces his lips with his thumb while his eyes still boring to mine. How can a man be this sexy? I'm done! How can I top another man with this sexy god?

"I like it when you kiss me hungrily like that, Sweetness." I blush violently based on the hotness in my face. He laughs and takes my hand. "Come on! Let's eat."

We walk through the long hallway. "How come I can smell the food when you come to the living room?" I inhale deeply. "And now, nothing." I try to sniff here and there.

"I didn't close the kitchen door earlier. But now, I think Consuela closed the door."

"You did that on purpose?" I ask him, my eyes widen.

"Busted," he winks and we both burst into laughter.

We arrived in the kitchen. It's a super big open kitchen with the super modern stuff. Helen told me Consuela still prefers the old kitchenware, she has her own kitchenette at the back with her stuff while Ethan and Helen use this open kitchen. They also have the separate dining room, the one I ate with Helen the other day.

Tonight, we're going to eat at the pantry. I like it. The atmosphere is approachable and light here. The dining table is too formal.

"You don't mind if we eat here, Sweetness?"

"Not a bit," I say and take a seat. "So, what is this Ethan?" I study the food. Everything smells so good. Suddenly my stomach is so empty. I think I can finish all of this food.

"Do you like Chinese food, Sweetness?"

"Yes, I love it!" I say excitedly. One of my all-time favorites, actually.

"Good. This is cauliflower mixed with broccoli, this one is sweet and sour pork. And the main dish is this," he points at the big pot made from clay. "I only made the soup. The others are courtesy to Consuela." He pours the soup into a small bowl and gives to me.

I lift the bowl to my nose. This is it! what I got a whiff of this soup when I was sitting in the living room earlier. I scoop a spoon and sip it. It's so goooodd!!! The flavour is so rich and nice. There is sweet from the seafood, the rich taste from the meat. There is also a slight bitter, but it enhances the whole flavor of the soup. The bitter must come from some herbs. "Oh, my gosh Ethan!!! This is so good!" I ate this before, but I don't know when.

He smiles. "This is my mom's recipe. My mom, Amanda Lee-Hal, is half Chinese half American. Her mom is a Chinese. So my mom grew up with Chinese food. I never ate my grandma's cooking because she died when my mom was 21 years. The only thing I inherit from her is my black hair. This soup is my grandma's recipe. I'm glad you like it."

"I love it, Ethan!" The soup in my bowl is already empty without me realizing it. "Is it Chinese traditional food?"

Ethan pours another soup into my bow.. He gives me the rice too. "Yeah. Actually, the dish is quite famous in China. They often eat this on special occasions. It is called Buddha Jumps Over The Wall. You know the monks are not allowed to eat anything except vegetables, right?" I nod. "So they said this food can make everyone want to eat, even the monk will try to jump over the wall to eat this. Something like that."