Chapter 71 - Madeline

I'm pregnant...

I touch my stomach and look at Ethan. He looks back at me, but I can't read his expression.

I try to say something, but nothing comes out of my mouth.

"I'm not proposing to you because you are pregnant, if that's what is on your mind," he says. His hand is still on my stomach.

"No, Ethan. You told me that. And I trust you..." I say, but I'm still processing what he said earlier. I'm pregnant??? I look back at him, he still looking at me with that same expression.

I frown. "Am I?" I ask slowly.

"What?"

"Am.. Am I pregnant?"

He blinks. "What do you mean?"

"What do you mean?" I ask him back. I'm confused now.

"Sweetness.. I.." he caresses his jaw. "I saw the pregnancy test, Sweetness..."

"Whose?"

He frowns. "Yours. Who else?"

"The doctor took a pregnancy test on me?"

"No.. Well, I don't know. But no, I saw the one in your place."

"My place?"

His frown is getting deep. "Sweetness, what are you talking about?"

"That's my question. What are you talking about? I didn't take any pregnancy test. Whose test?"

"Yours, I saw it in your apartment. The pregnancy test on the top of boxes."

"Near TV?"

"Yeah."

My mind tries to track back my apartment's layout. "It was Mom's!"

"Whose?"

"My mom's pregnancy test when she was pregnant with me, Ethan." I laugh. "I'm not pregnant, Ethan. I'm sorry, you must be got a heart attack from it."

"But.."

"No. it wasn't mine, Ethan. Mom kept her in the box. I just opened that box yesterday, I must be forgot to put it back." I still laugh.

"No, Sweetness. The doctor said it too."

I blink. "Said what?"

"You and the baby are safe. He said it to me earlier while I was waiting for you."

I stare at him. My mind is blank now.

"I.. I call the doctor," he says fast and goes out of my room.

I blink and glance at my tummy. Am I pregnant? I do keep hungry all the time, and I always queasy in the morning these days. But.. is it possible?

Of course it's possible. You and Ethan never used condoms and any other protection. You're not on the pill, Madeline Parker for God's sake.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

"Yeah, but I was wrong!" Ethan says to the doctor, opening the door to my room. Both are striding fast to me.

"Ms. Parker," the doctor says to me, his face looks pissed.

I nod at the doctor.

He inhales deeply. "Ms. Parker, did you take any pregnancy test?"

"Um.. no."

"Is Mr. Hall here is your boyfriend?"

"Um.. not anymore." I just want to continue, but the doctor's head swivels so fast to Ethan. He glares at my fiancé, actually. "Wait, he just proposed to me and I said yes. So, he is my fiancé now, doctor," I say.