Chapter 13 - Ethan

Why is it hard for me to control my body in front of her? I thought I'm one of the most controlled people in the world. Guess I was wrong. Like now, I can't help myself come closer. Stand right in front of her. This close, I can smell her apple scent.

"E... Ethan..." she looks nervous and her blush is creeping from her neck again.

"Yeah?" I ask huskily. See, even my voice sounds inappropriate now.

"I need to talk to you" she takes a step back. Smart move. "Can we sit?" She asks me again. So I nod and gesture on the sofa. She sits on the three seater sofa. She must assume I will sit on the one seater sofa. But like I told you. My body moves as they like. So I sit next to her. Our knee brush and I can hear her little gasp.

I study her. Her aquamarine eyes still mesmerize me. Every time I look into them, it's like they pull me inside. And worse, I don't want to leave them.

She takes a deep breath, makes her cleavage rise, and my traitorous eyes look at it now.

"Ethan, do you want me to work here?" She asks nervously. Her question brings me back to her eyes. Focus on her question.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.. um.. after the disaster earlier in the meeting room, do you think it's appropriate for us to work closely like this? And are you comfortable to work with me?" She asks nervously.

This woman... Every other woman who slept in my bed always thought that they were special in my eyes and acted like the queen of the world. But this woman, she asked me this question like to give me an option to kick her out.

"Are those questions for me or for yourself?" I ask her. She opens her mouth to answer, but then she closes it again and shrugs.

"I ask you first. So you have to answer first," she says. This sassy woman really got me. So I nod. "Okay. To be honest, I have no idea about your skill, so I can't answer for the comfortable part. Since I can't work with a dumb." I pause to see her reaction. And I'm right, her eyes flare that angry flame again and hell, I like that!

"With all due respect, Mr. Hall. I am compatible enough to work as your executive assistant. Did you know I come with highly recommended advice from my former boss?" And I can't help myself chuckle. This woman, sometimes she looked so soft, so vulnerable, sometimes she can be the feisty woman.

"Look, Ms. Parker, with all due respect I'm just trying to answer your question," I say nonchalantly.

"You know that's not what I mean!" she says again. "I'm talking about us."

I lean closer to her, and she leans back. "Us? I didn't notice if there is an us," I say with a smirk. She bites her lips and damn my eyes following her lips now. "As for the appropriate part, I think you should know that every time you bite your lips like now, I really want to kiss your soft lips so goddamn much. So if you asked me, do I think it's appropriate for us to work closely, as long as you're not biting your lips like that I I can control myself in front of everyone. But you do realize that Hall Industries doesn't have a fraternization policy, right? So it's possible for you and I to become an us." I lean closer to her, and she leans back again. And I realized our position is far from appropriate right now. I am literally on her top. She almost lay back on the sofa, except for her elbow. And she's panting right now. Her face flame red. God, I love this view.

"Mr... Mr. Hall, can you move back?" she whispers. Her eyes go everywhere but me. And then her face reddened. And I notice she is looking down at my pants. She tries to avoid my eyes, and she looks in the wrong place. I'm sure there is a bulge down there. My southern traitor saying hi to her right now. I keep my eyes on her, waiting for her to look back at my eyes. She finally looks at me again.