Katelyns Family.

Today I let Katelyns father beat the shit out of me. Not that I'm not used to it, after all him and Katelyn are from the same family, but bipolar disorder and anger issues definitely is in their blood. The fight started when I asked a very alarming question. "May I marry your daughter?" Of course, it was a little too late, as I had already asked her to marry me, but I didn't tell him that part. At first, he seemed okay with it. He started to say things like every father would, about taking care of her and all that shit. But then, he looked into my eyes. For some reason, I don't know if it was an instinct or impulse, but he became very violent. He screamed at me, "YOU ARENT HUMAN! YOU CANT MARRY HER!" And began to crash me into the walls and pound me with his fists.

That's where your wrong Mr.FireFist.
I am human, maybe not fully. But for the first time in generations of my bloodline I am the first to feel love. Love is what makes a person human is it not? So, I am a living breathing human with a heart. A heart that can be broken too. Or at least pretend to be.

That day, in anger and rage, Michael came out of me. His true form arised as Katelyns Dad punished my physical body, and in a mess of black wings and blood. There he was. My eyes changed from vibrant green to mournful black, and Mr. FireFist ran in terror.

"YOU WILL ALLOW TRAVIS TO MARRY KATELYN. YOU WILL NEVER TELL A SOUL OF WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN. YOU MUST ALLOW HER TO MARRY- OR I WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY."

He agreed at first,

But the next day he tried to go to the police.
It is rare than Michael takes action in such a way, but when he tried to go to the police, he had a heart attack. He was dead in an instant from seemingly natural causes and that was the end of the story. No blood spilled or cleaned up, a simple. deadly. Heart attack.

The devil works in mysterious ways.
As does Men.

This leads us to a young man. A young man who grew to be in love with me. And I failed to notice.

No, not Zane this time, but Kacey. Kacey Firefirst, Katelyns younger brother.

What I've failed to notice is that he feels the same way about me that I've felt about Katelyn for so many years. The boy was obsessed with me.

Of course, he never told a soul as I was dating his sister, but he always stood and watched. And he knew.

He knew everything.
He had seen since the very beginning when we'd met and Katelyns 17th birthday party. He knew who I really was. And for the first time in my life, I was scared.

From Kacey : Hey Travis, I know it's late but can you maybe meet up with me at the park for a little? I want to talk to you about something.

The park was scary at night, and meeting up with someone who knows every single secret you have makes it even more unsettling.

(kaceys words are italics, Travis is regular text)

"Hey Kacey, You wanted to talk?"
"Is it true? Are you planning to marry Katelyn?"
"I- I am. I want to spend the rest of my life with your sister, I love her."
"But, but does she love you?"
"Hah, well I hope so. We've been together for along time now Kacey, we'll be in-laws if she says yes."
His fist clenched and his eyes filled with tears.
"That's not how I want it to be, Travis. I want it- I want it to be you- you and me."
Travis's eyes widened in shock, this whole time he had failed to see this.
"I know what you've done Travis. And I don't plan to say anything. Marry her, for all I care spend the rest of your life with her. But know, she will never love the real you. No one knows the real you but me Travis. She doesn't know you've killed, tortured and sacrificed. She doesn't know you've lied, cheated and ran from your problems. Only I do.
"But that's the thing Kacey, I do all of those things because I love her. And only her. I'm sorry Kacey, but, I could never love anyone the way I love your sister, especially not you."
I started to get the knife out to end him, but not make it obvious.
"Ever since i saw you at Katelyns party in highschool. I knew their was something different about you. It was like, a spiritual calling. That's when I knew I loved you Travis. That's when I knew I would have to do anything for you. But I found out, that that's the way you felt about her too and that hurt more than anything."
I began to inch closer to him, aiming the knife near his throat to slash it instantly.
"I've watched you all this time. And all you have done is made my life easier for this moment. The moment we can be together, finally."
"What the hell are you talking about Kacey? You never talked to me or payed any attention to me, and you know I'm not gay!"
"No, I know. But If I know anything I know we are the same. You and me are no different. And just as you were planning to do with Katelyn, giving her no other choice but to marry you; I plan to do that to you as well."
"SHUT UP! Katelyn is happy with me!"

"Well."
"She was."

My heart dropped to my knees as he said that. Immediately I dialed Katelyns number as I watched Kacey smirk.
No answer.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?! KACEY WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!?"

My world began to close in at the thought of loosing Katelyn, and I began to cry. Michael screamed at me to get myself together, that when it comes to world domination it's not worth loosing composure over a girl, and that's when I realized. Micheal was never really here to look out for me, he just wanted me alive for his souls and power, so that he could get world domination and leave me to suffer over a girl I loved. I was never the bad guy! It was always Michael! And now, now Kacey has taken away her life.

"I must end him."
I started to run at Kacey with a knife. But was stopped by a gun.
"You can't kill me Travis. There are several people on the outskirts of this park with loaded guns, that all know your location. You kill me, you go to jail or worse, die. Just come, let us be together. We can be happy, just you and me."
I've never felt so angry at a person in my life.
"YOU TOOK AWAY THE ONE THING I LOVED. I WANT TO SEE YOU DEAD FOR KILLING KATELYN! I WANT TO SLIT YOUR THROAT! I COULD NEVER LOVE YOU!"
I lunged at him with the knife, tackling him to the ground.
"YOULL DIE FOR KILLING KATELYN! HAHAHAHA YOUE DEAD NOW I CA-."
"you spoke too soon, Travis Valkrum."