Chapter 1

DIYA MEHRA

DIYA MEHRA

Hello , I am Diya Mehra. Today my classmates and friends are super nervous because our tenth boards results are coming out . I am also nervous but I have confidence that I will score well. Right now I am at my Nani's place as parents are working in a hospital as they are doctors. Whenever they are at work I stay at my Nani Nanu's house which is nearby my home. I am sitting with my laptop in my lap to see my results. But ..argh the website is buffering , leaving me irritated . First the tension of results and then this buffering. The whole India is opening the website at the same time .OK.... I am exaggerating but still lakhs of students are opening the webpage at the same time making it crush. Argh...since half an hour I am sitting and waiting for the results. Ok....I will check the results afterwards. Let me see Nani who is praying for me in the house temple since morning.

People say that I am very talkative. , So you have to keep patience with my blabber and I also have habit of zoning out so, bear me . OK....let me go to Nani . My Nani is the best in the world as she know what I need before I even utter. Today is an important day of my life and Nani is praying for my results restlessly since morning . I convinced her that my results will be fine and requested her to take rest and she reluctantly went to her room .

I sat on the dining table and had some water. When you want the time to pass quickly it moves slower than a tortoise . I mean ,time is passing so slowly that it feels ages since I am waiting for the results. I am thinking if the phrase "Time waits for none" really true because here I feel like time has stopped or rather it is passing slower than usual. I was in my philosophical trance of my time theory when my phone rang taking me out of my trance . Argh....I don't want to pick this call. I don't want to hear the irritating voice of Ruchi again. Ruchi is my neighbour and right now she is calling me .

Well Ruchi is that Sharma ji ki beti ( Sharma's daughter ) in my life to whom I am compared in every aspect of my life by my parents. The Sharma's are our neighbors and live next to my parent's house. Ruchi's parents are always boastful about their daughter's intelligence and other skills. My parents are also in awe of Ruchi and specially my mom who compares me with Ruchi in everything I do right from academics, sports to cooking skills. My mom gives me examples of Ruchi even in day to day life like look how social Ruchi is , look at the dressing sense of Ruchi and how can I forget look how tall Ruchi is.

Look I am not jealous or anything that sort of from Ruchi. Argh.....I need to pick this call as I don't want Ruchi to bother me again and again. I hope my ears don't bleed at the end of this call. I pick up the phone call and hear Ruchi's irritating voice.

" Hello " I said with no enthusiasm .

"Hi! Where were you ?What took you so long to pick my call?" Ruchi said sharply.

I wanted to say " I was on a mission to Mars with NASA." but I kept quiet as I wanted to end the call as soon as possible .

"How much did you score? I scored 95% " Ruchi said boastfully . I could sense her smirk even through the phone."

" I didn't check it yet " I blurted out .

" Then go check it and tell me immediately! " Ruchi ordered me .

Argh....who is she to order me like that . I was getting irritated now but I wanted to end this call right away so, I composed myself and said " Ok...I will go and check my results now bye!!" and without hearing the reply I cut the call.

I went to my room , grabbed my laptop and then entered my roll no from the admit card swiftly. When I saw my result I was shocked .I thrice checked my roll no. to see if this result card really belonged to me and not someone else and Yes! this result belongs to me . What I scored 98.8 % !! Unbelievable ! Ok I was confident that I will score good but this is far more from what I had expected.

I ran into my Nani's room and I saw that she was still silently praying for me and reading beads. I hugged my Nani and told her that I had passed with flying colours , after hearing about my results she became happy and blessed me.

My phone rang and seeing the caller id my face lit up .My best friend Divya is calling me . I pick her call instantly . She congratulated me for my results . She was happy for my results as I could sense happiness in her voice . She has scored a humble 88% . I congratulated Divya for her performance and wished her best of luck.

After that my favourite teacher Deepika miss called me to congratulate me and she also told me that I had not only topped the school but the whole city. Hearing that my happiness knew no bounds.

After talking to my teacher I went straight to the kitchen as aroma of semolina hit my nostrils. My Nani is making my favourite Sooji ka halwa ( Semolina sweet dish) . I love the aroma of roasting semolina . While I was enjoying the aroma of Sooji halwa which my Nani was cooking my phone rang up again and for the next few hours my phone got flooded with congratulatory messages and calls from friends , classmates and schoolmates and I felt like a celebrity.

Rest of the day was a bliss as I enjoyed my day with Nani Nanu , relishing my favourite Sooji ka halwa. I can't wait to share my success and happiness of results with my parents.
Nani- maternal grandmother
Nanu- maternal grandfather

*********CHAPTER ENDS***********

COVER CREDIT- RAINBOW AESTHETIC SHOP
@Rainbowusers

NOTE - So, this my third story on Wattpad . This story is based on my life experiences and surroundings. I have taken a concept which will be relatable to many. I had published 6 parts of it previously but accidentally I deleted them so, I am writing it again and will publish them respectively. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to the people who were already reading the book. I am rewriting the story so ,there might be changes in the story for the people who have read the earlier version of the story.Any resemblance to people , places and ideas of the story might be my imagination or inspiration from real world or just a mere coincident .I do not intend to hurt feelings of anyone through my story. If you like my story then do vote and plse comment if you find the story relatable.