Chapter 16

It has been a week since I am practicing for my dance competition secretly from my parents at either Taniya's residence or Cherry's house . Dad has returned from UK
So, I have been extra careful around him . Secondly, he leaves and returns late from hospital so , it is easy to  practise without Dad's suspicion . Throughout the week Taniya and Cherry have been really supportive in making myself comfortable during my rehearsals at their home and I am really grateful to have them by my side all this while without making any judgments about my relation with my Dad .

As per my guess past one week was quite hectic for me as I juggled between school , coaching and dance practise but I didn't felt tired at all .Instead  I actually felt happy , like I got some inner peace while I danced.Today I have my audition in school for final selection to represent our school in interschool dance competition...if I get selected then I will get a chance to represent my school at the Interschool Dance Competition . I hope I get selected today ....fingers crossed .

Cherry had won second prize for the school in acting competition while Taniya bagged first prize for the debate competition .So, they both  wished that I could win the dance competition for the school . As I was getting nervous before the final audition Cherry and Taniya calmed my nerves down by boosting me with confidence and encouragement . As I went to the senior wing auditorium for audition I noticed there were 10 competitors present for the final auditions . Three of the participants were of my age , two of them were small kinds from primary wing and a group of 5 girls belonged to the middle wing .

All the participants gave tough competition to each other . I too tried my best in the audition . At last 4 people were selected including me and 3 others who were co incidentally  all of my age . I was nervous as I knew the other 3 girls were of my age group and they would give me a hard competition . We were informed that there will be two face offs . In first face off 2 girls will be selected from all. Then  2 finalists will do a face off from which an ultimate winner will be selected.

I said a little prayer then I gave my best . Luckily I got  selected in the final face off . I had nervous jitters but I subsided  them  as I knew that I won't get this opportunity again . I performed a soulful contemporary dance performance putting all my heart and soul into it. Before the final results were announced I closed my eyes and crossed my fingers. My heart was pounding in my chest .

To my surprise my name was announced and I was stunned beyond words . I had happy tears in my eyes . After getting selected I was asked to fill a form. I filled the form and then I went to my classroom . After that I went towards Taniya and Cherry and I told them I was selected . Hearing this they squealed in excitement as the classroom had no teacher at that time .

Since only one week is left for the competition , our teachers are busy in the preparations as a result, most of the periods will be  free So, I am pleased  that there will be no loss of studies for me in school . Secondly ,since I am representing my school in the competition I would marked present for all the classes . So, there will no tension of attendance for me and I felt happy that I could fully concentrate on the competition  now .

From the beginning of this week I practised during the school hours then after grabbing quick lunch I headed towards coaching . After coaching I straight went to Cherry's house for dance practise . I kept telling my parents that I was busy with school project . For the next 6 days I was busy with this same routine  . I never showed my swollen toes to anyone at home which I got due my tedious dance sessions .

The last day I decided to take ample    of  rest and I practised only in school hours as I had a dress rehearsal too in my school. My school was sponsoring my costume as I was going to represent the school and compete with 7 other schools of the city . After attending coaching I came home and ate my dinner early and I went to my room to sleep early as I needed a good sleep and rest for the big day tomorrow.