Chapter 26

It's been a week since the thief incident . I am really busy with school and coaching these days. Today is Saturday but as always I am quite busy because it is already 29 August and school teachers are rushing to complete the syllabus by 31 August .Today we had 5 hours of Physics lecture at school exclusively just to complete Physics syllabus and that drained my energy . Right now I am sipping coffee to ward off my sleep as I need to go for coaching after half an hour .

As I drove to coaching all the Physics formulas were rushing in my head. I parked my scooty and I went upstairs to my coaching lecture hall . Surprising, I saw my batchmates had gathered in the hallway . Taniya and Cherry told me that Sanjay is unwell due to which our classes will be off for today and tomorrow . After a week of toiling hard , even a 2 day off of coaching feels like a great relief although I pray for Sanjay sir to get well soon.

Cherry and Taniya asked me to go to a coffee shop nearby .We drove to coffee shop named as " The Hideout ". I wondered why a café had this name . But as we entered inside the café I understood why this place is named as Hideout . The café was dimly lit , aroma of coffee beans filled the café . But what took my attention was the fact that the interiors of the café we modern and cool. With funky paintings , grass like carpets and the photo booth for clicking pictures .Yes ! a retro styled photo booth in a café .

This place is indeed a great hang out place for teens and that is why I could see the café filled with teenagers. As we sat on a table I noticed that there were several college students and senior school students who were enjoying their time with friends . There were even young couples in the café ,most of the couples were either of my age or freshers from college . We ordered the food , I settled for a chocolate shake as I had enough coffee earlier . While Taniya ordered a white Mocha and Cherry chose a Frappuccino .

As we were waiting for our order to arrive . Taniya asked me to click her pics at the photobooth .Then we all three clicked the pictures at the photo booth. Cherry clicked some pictures of mine secretly and then she sent it to Chirag . When Chirag messaged me " You look beautiful beau" , I got to know about Cherry's mischief . I gave a light smack on Cherry's shoulder for mindlessly sending the pictures to Chirag .

After that a waiter came with our order , I sipped my Choco shake meanwhile both my friends teased me to no end with Chirag's name . My face was flustered red with shyness as we paid the bill . Then we drove back to our respective homes .

Mom was surprisingly at home when I entered through the door . She looked worried , I asked her what was the reason for her worry . Mom told me that she and Dad had to go to US for a medical conference for 10 days . I suggested her that I could stay with Nani-Nanu but my mom sighed and told me that Nanu-Nani are going to a relative's wedding in Nanu's paternal village and they would be leaving for the village tonight itself and they would return only after 15 days because Nanu's village is known for long wedding fuctions with many rituals and ceremonies .

I thought for a while then an idea popped up in my mind . I again suggested my mom that I could stay in Cherry's house . My mom gave me a disproving look but I convinced my mom with a puppy face . After convincing my mom, I called Cherry to ask and inform her about my 10 day stay at her house .

Cherry shrieked on the phone with happiness as she got excited with the idea of me staying at her house . Then my mom and Cherry's mom exchanged words over the phone. At last I saw my mom was a bit relaxed because Cherry's mom had assured my mom that she will take good care of me.

Next few hours I spent packing clothes and study books for my stay because tomorrow morning first my parents would drop me to Cherry's house then they will leave for the airport . Right now I have a mixed bag of emotions as I feel anxious about staying 10 days without my parents which is quite long because earlier I always stayed away from my parents for maximum 2 days and even for that 2 days I stayed with my grandparents . But this time I have to stay for 10 days with a new family .But luckily this new family is kind and caring and this family belongs to my bestie Cherry. The fact that I will be staying with Cherry is making me gleeful .

After that when my packing was over , I tried to sleep but due to anxiety, nervousness and excitement I could not sleep until midnight . Then my phone rang and I stood up excitingly. Chirag was calling me . I hurriedly picked up the call . Then like a super excited kid I told Chirag about my stay with Cherry.

To my surprise Chirag blurted out "Even I want to stay with you". My mouth opened in astonishment and there was dead silence on the phone for a minute. Then Chirag realised what he had just blurted out . So, he corrected himself and said " I mean ... 3 of you will enjoy together and here I am stuck with Arjun , Arun and rest of the boys in hostel for about almost 20 days. Seriously Diya , living with crazy teammates for such a long time is kind of boring and we are so bored that we are literally fed up to see each other's faces. " I laughed as Chirag complained like a small boy . Then I jokingly said " Why should boys have all the fun .Our girls gang would enjoy these 10 days. " Chirag and I hung up the call as I thought to catch some sleep as I have to leave early in the morning for Cherry's house . As I closed my eyes , I thought that a new adventure is on it's way to enter my life. Then I slept soundly after setting my alarm clock for tomorrow morning .

********CHAPTER ENDS*********