Chapter 43

Next day I woke up it was sunrise time. I opened the window and I looked at the sunrise . Then I thought popped up in my mind that after" every night of darkness there is a new sunrise of light on earth as it is the rule of nature , so even my life can have a ray of hope to overcome the bitter truth of my existence. I packed up my bag for school then I took a relaxing warm shower. After that  I sat to read my novel One Indian Girl because reading gives me peace of mind . It was 6:30 am when I finally finished the whole novel.

Then I called Cherry . As Cherry picked up the call she panicked  "How are you Diya ? We both are so worried for you . Your phone was also switched off since yesterday afternoon . Chirag was also  worried for you but we advised him to give some  space to you  otherwise he was so  apprehensive about you that he wanted to visit your house to check on your well being . Are you okay Diya answer me damn it !". I chuckled in response and I said " Cherry you are not giving me opportunity to answer you. Now take a deep breath and listen to me. I am fine , I was a bit tired as I have just recovered from fever so I skipped the school and tuition  yesterday . Today I am coming to school and now I will be regular to school and coaching. Chill I am perfectly safe and sound ". After this I ended the call .

I got up and I wore my school uniform . Then I went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw my mom was preparing breakfast for me .A tear escaped my eye as I thought that my  mom is sacrificing her career on dad's command for my sake ,for my well being because if she disobeys dad's order then Dad might hurt me to indirectly hurt my mom. My mother as if reading my mind said "Diya look at the brighter side of me staying at home , now  I can spend more time with you and now I can make up for the time I could not spend with you when you were a kid . Diya I will cook food for you , I know I can't cook  as good as your Nani and Reena didi but still I will try my best to cook food for you with love and care'. I instantly hugged my mom in response .

My mom hugged me back warmly and said " I have made your favourite pancakes". I ate pancakes with chocolate sauce. I replied  "Mom these pancakes are just delicious , please pack some for my friends in the lunch box , I will share pancakes with Cherry and Taniya. My mom packed my lunch box then she went to the gym .

I saw my mom walking briskly on the treadmill and I smiled. My mom has been through a lot but she stayed strong all this while and she gave me birth. Today also she is staying strong for me so I will also stay strong for my mom. My mom always workout and take care of her health no matter how tough her life has been somehow my mom is inspiring me to fight back against  atrocious behaviour of my dad.

I went to school by metro . My day at school was uneventful . After that I went to  coaching  by autorickshaw because  my scooty is still standing punctured in the parking lot of coaching . After my lectures got over we came in the parking lot . As Cherry and Taniya zoomed off to their home , I stopped Chirag. I stammered " Chirag  I want to share something with you".  Chirag said" Yes , share whatever you feel like. I looked around for a few seconds and then I said" Let's talk in some coffee shop nearby ". Chirag looked at me with confused expressions and he said " Yeah sure , lets go". I sat on Chirag's bukki because my scooty is still parked in coaching parking lot  due to puncture . I  will give my scooty  for repair tomorrow.

So, I and Chirag sat in a coffee café , we ordered some coffee . Then I started the conversation " Chirag you were asking me what is troubling me since 2-3 days .So, now I am going to tell you what is the reason for my dismay . Please listen to me without losing your cool". Chirag replied "Yes Diya I am here for you to listen , just say your heart talk ".

I took a deep breath and I spoke  "Chirag I have learnt the reason for my father's hatred towards me and my mom". Chirag spoke suddenly " hmm....are you adopted that is why your father hates you and your mother". I chuckled at Chirag's logic then I said " Chirag stop being Sherlock Homes and listen to me patiently until I finish speaking". Chirag nodded like a obedient kid .

Then I started narrating my story  " My father and paternal grandparents disliked girls . So, my paternal grandma gave toxic herbs and homemade medicines to my mom when she  was pregnant with her first child who was a girl child. My dad also tortured mom , he used to beat my mom like a beast just to kill the unborn girl .Due to all the torture of my dad and grandma my elder sister was stillborn . Not only this my paternal grandparents died after 2 years of my elder sister's death . I was just  10 days old when my paternal grandparents passed away in a horrible accident , so my father declared that I was jinxed which  led to his parent's death. After that  my father wanted to kill me because he hated me but my mom pleaded for mercy. My father put a condition to let me  live further , he said to my mom " Your daughter will become a doctor and she will  work as a slave in my hospital to pay back all  the money which I will waste on her upbringing . My mom feared for my life so, she agreed to this condition put forth by my own dad .

Chirag  you remember that my  mom tried to commit suicide .I got to know the reason for her extreme step three days  ago . That evening my father was frustrated at work and then he disliked the food which my mom made to please him . So, he vented his frustration and anger on my mom , that evening   my mom got  brutally beaten by my dad as a punishment  then he ......I could not speak further and I bursted into tears. Chirag handed me a glass of water . I drank it and I composed myself .

Then the waiter came with the coffee, we drank the coffee quietly. Then Chirag said" We will talk about it at my home then I will drop  you to your house . After clearly the bill, Chirag took me to his house. I greeted Chirag's parents then Chirag took me to his room .Then he said " Diya now tell me what you were about to say".

I took a deep breath and I said  "Chirag that evening my father not only hit my mom but he exploited my mom sexually without her consent when my mom got fainted after the beating . I looked at Chirag , he was baffled and horrified to the core as I could see tears brimming in his eyes . Chirag didn't say anything in response he just hugged me tightly and he whispered in my ear " No matter what I am always there for you Diya, we will fight against it together".

I shed a few tears . Chirag rubbed my back to calm my nerves . Then he dropped me home and before leaving me he said" Diya we are just one phone call apart". I smiled in response and then I came home . I had my dinner then I went to my room. I set my alarm clock and I packed  my  school bag for tomorrow . I guess telling truth to Chirag was a very correct decision of mine . Now I am not alone as Chirag is with me in my struggle against my cruel stereotypical father .

*********CHAPTER  ENDS***********