Chapter 33

Next day I woke up early as I have to study for Physics and my one whole day got wasted yesterday so, I need to pull up my socks now as I have to complete my studies for tomorrow's exam . I have 7 chapters to study for my mid term exam. First I practised some conversions from Units and Measurement. Then I did Motion in a straight line and plane. Now it is lunch time . I feared my dad so, I asked Reena didi to give me lunch in my room only. Thank god Reena didi has returned to work making my life much easier at home again .My mom went to hospital in afternoon for a surgery.

After eating my lunch I head back to books again. I started pulley numericals of Laws of Motion . After completing laws of motion , I sat down to do Work , Energy and Power . At last after doing Work Energy theorem my chapter was complete .It is already dinner time by now . Mom and Dad are still at hospital so, I ask Reena didi to lay my dinner on the dining table . I ate Rajma Chaawal ( Kidney beans and Rice ). After I ate my dinner I got a call from Cherry , she was stuck on some derivation of laws of motion . After clearing her doubt , I again sat on my study table .

I started doing System of Particles but as I came to the theoretical part I got confused between several derivation giving me a great headache . It was already midnight now . I decided to make coffee for myself as Reena didi was already asleep. Coffee will reduce my headache and it will ward off my sleepiness. As I was beating my coffee  my phone rang . I picked up the call as my mom was the caller . My mom had called me to know about my well being and she also told me that she has a few important surgeries lined up . So, she will return until next day afternoon .

After I ended the call , I sighed as I can see my  mom until tomorrow afternoon . I got back to my room with my coffee mug . I took a pillow and I placed it on the study chair to support my back . My poor back is aching with pain since I am studying for long hours at a stretch . So, after getting perplexed for a while by the awful  derivations , I finally opened  my Physics SL Arora book. This book has awesome derivation illustrations, solved examples and competitive questions too . But if you look at it then it is a huge bulky book with enormous length of pages . I have 2 bulky parts of SL Arora for class 11 . Part 1 consists of all the chapters coming in my mid term exams and the part 2 contains all the remaining chapters of the course .So, I pick up SL Arora book part 1 and I look for the derivations  which were making my mind crazy . I read the derivations  twice and then it got into my head . So with this I complete System of particles . I looked at clock it was 1:30 in the morning . Even after sipping coffee I felt sleepy as hell. I stretched my arms and yawned. Argh...still Rational Motion is left . Argh...this chapter is full of formulas which I hate to mug up . I decide to do the derivations which will cover a few of the formulas and lessen my burden.

I then tried to mug up the formulas of rotational motion . After that I tried to solve numericals based on the formulas I crammed a few minutes ago . After that I glanced at the clock it was 2:30 in the morning . Now previous year question papers  which I took from my seniors were left. Previous year papers do give you an idea of the exam . So, I quickly gave a thorough glance to the previous year question papers. By the time I was done it was 3 in the morning .

So after setting up my alarm for 6 am , I dozed off to sleep after tossing and turning for a while. Next day sun rays fall on my face as the curtains of the window were open. I opened my eyes and I glanced at the clock casually . OMG....argh it is 7 am . Argh...why the heck I didn't hear the alarm. Uff...I am late as I have exam at exact 7:45 am .

I jumped out of my bed then at that very instant Reena didi entered my room. She was shocked to see me not dressed for school yet and she said"Diya I made your breakfast 15 minutes ago and you are still not ready .What is the matter?" .Tears got filled in my eyes and I  said "I slept late at night and I didn't hear the alarm and I am late". Reena didi told me that she will arrange my school uniform and she asked me to quickly freshen up.

I quickly ran to the restroom . I brushed my teeth and washed my face .Today for now I am skipping bath because it would get me more late. Then I change my clothes into my school uniform . I eat quickly made a bun of my hair then I ate an apple and some  orange juice . Then at 7:15am I zoomed off to school . Within 30 minutes I reached to school .

Argh...it is exact 7:45 am. I run up to the stairs , I tripped on one of the stair. Luckily, I didn't fall off the stairs otherwise it would have brought me pain and shame at the same time . At last I reached the class in which I have to take the exam. Right now I am sweating profusely as if I ran a marathon. As I entered  the classroom , I got weird looks from everyone . But I decide to ignore all the stares as I don't  care for anything  only writing the exam matters for me now .

I could see that the answer sheets were already distributed and teacher was about to give the question paper but as the teacher saw me , she stopped midway and she gave me a death glare. I shuddered under the teacher's glance . I hope this teacher don't scold me .

As I was about to explain my situation to teacher when suddenly the teacher gave me an ugly look. Then the teacher exclaimed at me  "How dare you enter to the classroom without my permission!" . I was shocked and embarrassed . Argh ....in hurry to sit in the exam I stepped inside the class and I completely forget to ask permission to come inside from this teacher who is now ready to eat me alive.

I am completely embarrassed infront of the whole class including the teacher .I bow my head low and mumble a clear and loud enough 'sorry' to reach the ears of  the offended teacher . The teacher accepted my apology and she handed me the answer sheet. This is the beginning of my day, I hope rest of my day passes away in peace. I sat on the chair as per my class roll number. As I sat , the teacher started distributing the question paper meanwhile  I said a small prayer in my mind .

Then I got the question paper . I gave a glance at the paper . I found the theoretical part of the paper easy but I found the numerical part tricky . So, I did the theoretical question first and I left numerical questions for the last one hour . Argh...it took one and a half hour to  finish the theory questions .Now only half an hour is left . Argh...all the numericals are left .

The time created pressure on my mind as a result  I was getting stuck on every problem. 15 minutes were left and my  final calculations were  still  left. So, I took a deep breath and I made sure that I wrote every numerical with proper statements and well written formulas as these will fetch me marks due to step marking . Now only the calculations are left . So, I used all the cells of my brain to do the arithmetic calculations to find the final answers of the numericals. Now only 5 minutes were left and two calculations were still left. In order to solve it hastily I literally inked the question paper with calculations .

Argh....the bell rang and the paper was taken from me and I was literally begging the teacher to let me complete the numericals with final answer. But argh...nothing fell on the deaf ears of the teachers .Well..... why I am blaming the teacher when I am responsible for lack of time management in writing my exams . I guess need to work on my speed . After that I head  back to home.

I saw my Mom was finally home. I hugged her warmly then we ate lunch but  my dad was still at hospital. I guess my father is avoiding my mom and me on purpose after what all he did to us. Well....I will not think about Dad's abuse  as it makes me anxious . After eating lunch , I took a long nap. Then in evening I took a long relaxing shower. After that I watch some Netflix to destress  myself . Then I studied some biology chapters . After that I ate my supper . Then I did a conference call with cherry and Taniya. We discussed exams, teachers and our plans together after these mid term exams  gets over .

It was around midnight when the conference call ended .I decided to sleep when my phone rang. I looked at the phone screen , Chirag was calling me . I instantly smiled looking at his name which was flashing on my mobile. I eagerly picked  the call and then we talked  for a while and  we ended the  call after saying good bye . I slept peacefully with a smile on my face as Chirag's soothing words on the phone call gave me peace of mind ending my exam stress for a while.

**********CHAPTER ENDS*********