Chapter 18

Next morning a warm hand touched my forehead, I opened my eyes and I saw my mom caressing my forehead . I gave her a smile as I sat up straight in my bed . My mom asked me how I was feeling . I told her I was fine . She looked at me with motherly concern , I assured her that I was fine but deep down I hid my sorrow. My mom being my mother knew I was hiding something from her. She looked at me intently and said "My daughter I know something is bothering you. Now tell me what is troubling you or else I will myself find what is the matter " . I knew mom could herself find about the incident in the park and then there would be a hell lot of drama . So , I decided to tell her everything apart from the fact that Ruchi's mom slapped me .

Mom was furious when she heard everything and I can't imagine what would be her reaction if she knew about the slap thing . Well I somehow stopped my mom from barging into Sharma's( Ruchi's ) house early morning to argue and fight with Ruchi's mom .After lot of efforts of mine , my mom finally dropped her plan of threatening Ruchi and her mom for my sake.

Mom advised me to ignore nonsense talks of Ruchi and her mom . I nodded in agreement . Then I noticed that my mom was wearing her white coat that means she was about to leave for hospital with Dad and she had come to my room to check on me . After she left for work , I sighed and I looked out of the window, the sky was clear and sun shone softly . I thought it was a new day with new sunshine so, I need not to think about yesterday and start a new day with new positivity .

I got out of my bed and I took a long relaxing shower . After that I wore my school uniform and I arranged my school bag according to the time table . I went downstairs and I asked Reena didi to make a Dosa for my breakfast . Then I called Cherry as I had ample of time to kill, secondly I love talking to my friends as they uplift my mood instantly . After talking to Cherry my breakfast was ready so I told Cherry to continue her chatter with me in school .

After that I relished Dosa .Then I looked up at the clock it was still half an hour before I could leave for school . Argh.... even the time is moving like a slow turtle . I decided to read An Indian Girl novel by Chetan Bhagat which I had bought few weeks back from a book store . I set my alarm to ring about 30 minutes later as a remainder in case I get too engrossed in the reading as I don't want to get late for school. After 30 minutes the alarm rang and I didn't realise how the time passed as I was too engrossed in fictional world of the author .

I picked up my school bag and scooty keys then after saying bye to Reena didi , I left for school . I reached the school and then I noticed everyone looking at me like I was some celebrity who had entered the school then it clicked me that I got this special attention because I had won the interschool dance competition . I was enjoying the attention which I was getting from my fellow schoolmates when someone called me from behind by addressing me as the dancing queen . I turned around and I saw Taniya standing behind me . I went to her and I thanked Taniya for giving me the name of Dancing Queen . I loved the tittle of Dancing Queen because it gave me a sense of happiness . Earlier people had called me Nerd , Muggu( someone who do rot learning or mug up studies) , Padhaku( Nerd, studious) which sometimes irked me to the core .Because a nerd is not a popular girl in school, who has limited friends or no friends at all , who is disguised as boring to hang out with . If I think deeply earlier till my tenth standard I had only one friend Divya which means I was truly living the life of a typical nerd.

As the day progressed I noticed everyone in class was treating me as a celebrity as all of a sudden everyone was talking to me, complimenting me for my dance skills . I mentally laughed at my classmates seeing how their perception had quickly changed about me , from a typical nerd to a cool dancer . Meanwhile ,Taniya and Cherry were teasing me for becoming a celeb in the school overnight . Cherry put her hand over her chest and said in a fake voice" Oh...since you have become quite famous in school , I hope you don't forget or abandon us. " I and Taniya laughed at Cherry's funny acting antics. Cherry is truly the drama queen of our group , I thought to myself .