Chapter 21

After dozing off to sleep at Sunrise we woke up  at  10 in the morning. After that we did our healthy breakfast of Quinoa Upma ( Quinoa cooked with lenticels , cashews and veggies ). After feasting the Quinoa breakfast , Cherry and Taniya went to their homes . I decided to take a relaxing shower then I decided to resume reading One Indian Girl novel . I was lost in Chetan Bhagat's fictional world when my phone rang. I saw the caller id and my face brighten up seeing the name flashing on the screen because Chirag was the caller. I picked up the call quickly . I heard Chirag on the other end and my heart skipped beats . He invited me for his parents wedding anniversary function at his house tomorrow evening . I hesitantly said "yes" for the invitation .

After disconnecting the call , I made a conference call with Cherry and Taniya . Then I told them about the invitation to Chirag's house for wedding anniversary function  of his parents , I even asked them about what should I tell my mom . Taniya and Cherry advised me to tell my mom everything about Chirag . At first I was hesitant to tell my mom about Chirag but then Cherry and Taniya told me that it was important for me to inform at least my mom about my first relationship. I understood their point and I thought to tell my mom about Chirag after she returns home from her work .

After that I had my lunch and then I again resumed reading my novel . After eating some evening snacks I headed to my study desk to complete some coaching assignments . After brain storming of 2 hours I finally completed my assignment . I sighed in relief . Then I watched some Netflix originals . It was almost midnight when my mom returned while my dad was still working in hospital , I found this time as the best opportunity to do my heart to heart talk with my mom.

I went to my parent's bedroom and I found my mom doing something in her laptop. I went towards her bedside and I hugged her . She hugged me back . Being my mother , my mom knew that I wanted to talk about something . So , even before I could say anything my mom gave me a knowing look and she said to me warmly " Diya my daughter you can talk about anything to me freely ". My mom's words made me more comfortable and I thought that now I could talk to her comfortably .

So I took a deep breath and I honestly told everything about Chirag  to my mom . I expected some harsh words from my mom regarding this relationship. My mom gave me  a glare and she exclaimed " How dare you Diya !" . My heart literally thumped in my chest out of fear. My palms became sweaty out of anxiety . My mom again gave me an angry look and she raised her hand . I closed my eyes in anticipation of a tight slap from my mom. But to my surprise my mom got hold of my shoulders and she said " At least you should have waited until getting into a medical school ".

I opened my eyes slowly and I gave my mom confused looks .My mom laughed and said " Relax Diya , I was joking with you , I don't have any problem with you dating Chirag . Your Dad and I met in medical school , fell in love and after completing mbbs we got married . At that time ,love marriage was seen as a taboo but your paternal grandparents and your Nanu-Nanu supported us and accepted our relation and later on blessed our marriage with no fuss at all instead Nani -Nanu were happy for me because  I was marrying the love of my life . So, I and your Dad won't have problem with you dating Chirag but Diya get this inked in  your brain that your relation or love life should not bring bad name for our family and your studies should not get impacted at any cost ".

I nodded my head meekly as I was not able to contain my happiness. Then I told my mom about my invitation to Chirag's parents wedding anniversary party . Again to my surprise my mom gave me permission to go at Chirag's house for the anniversary party as she advised me to know more about Chirag and his family. My mom told me to wear the anarkali suit that she had gifted me for my brilliant high  school (matric) results.