Chapter 4

Today is my first day of school in higher senior secondary. Anuj Uncle is going to drop Divya and me to school because Divya lives two blocks away from my house . Its takes half an hour to reach school from my home . Throughout half an hour journey Divya and I kept chatting about friends, school , new class etc. We are quite excited about our senior secondary. About after 30 minutes we reach school. Divya has decided to opt commerce with Mathematics .Divya's parents are really supportive in her career choices and I wish every child get a parent like them who are supportive and understanding about the career choice of their child. As you all know I have to opt for science stream . I have chosen Physics , chemistry and Biology as main stream subjects .

Our school Scottish Girls High School is one of its kind . It is one of the best school in Delhi. Divya and I go towards the senior wing where all the senior classes , labs etc are located . Divya goes towards second floor in her classroom while I move towards the third floor to my classroom. I have a lump in my throat because Divya and I both never got separated from each other in my whole school life . Every time luckily we got same sections in each standard. So, basically since fourthteen years we have been inseparable besties in school .

Today we are starting our senior secondary without each other in the same class and there is a pang in my heart . Argh...I wish we were together in the same class  but it is impossible as we both have chosen different ROADS . I mean we have chosen different streams . Ok...I don't need to be so senty on the first day of my school . I hope I get good classmates or else my life will be difficult as now Divya won't be by my side in my classroom.

I enter the class and see the teacher has not arrived yet and the class is bustling with noisy girls who are chatting . Ok...I said noisy girls because I am in an all girls school . There are many advantages and disadvantages of being in an all girls school which I will tell you all from time to time.

Since the teacher has not arrived yet I quickly enter the class . I find most of the seats are occupied .I search for an empty seat and I find one in the middle column, third row. Classes in senior wing have furniture arrangement of tables and chairs on stairs and my class too have chairs and tables arranged on stairs.

So, I am climbing stairs to reach the seat which is empty. As I climb up two steps and I was about to climb the third step I felt like something came in my way and I stumbled but I grabbed an edge of a table to stop myself from tumbling down like humpty dumpty.

Argh....someone made me fall by literally putting his leg in my way.Right now I have an urge to smack the face of this person who made me almost fall . I looked to my left and found a face smirking at me with a devilish smile .

Argh....Ruchi the devil tried to make me fall infront of the whole class.The whole class watched us in horror with pin drop silence and I was about give Ruchi a piece of her own medicine when a teacher came diverting everyone's attention . I didn't want to create a scene on the very first day of school infront of a teacher who is now looking at me and Ruchi in confusion. I simply gave a death stare to Ruchi and I returned to the seat where I wanted to be seated. Most of the teachers gave introduction of themselves and their respective subjects. But I am already missing Divya to whom I even chatted in between boring lectures with the help of paper chits.

Now finally it is lunch break and I will meet Divya . I told Divya everything that Ruchi did to me. Divya gritted her teeth like me when she heard my whole story. She wanted to smash Ruchi's face at that very instant but I calmed her down by assuring her that I will handle everything on my own.

The teachers are really good . Although our Physics teacher Anita Aggarwal  is really strict when it comes to discipline .

My classmates were busy talking when Anita Miss entered the class and she spotted two girls chatting and laughing and to add on both of them were sitting in the front seat .Anita miss scolded them hard and made her point  clear to the whole class that the moment her period starts she wants pin drop silence in the class no matter whether Anita miss is present in the class or not.

I thought Anita miss is strict and would teach us at gun point but I guess I judged a book by its cover because Anita taught us really well. I was really impressed by her teaching skills. Next lecture is of Fashion Studies which I have opted as my first optional subject.

I guess I made the right choice by opting fashion studies because I fell in love with the subject from the very first lecture . The teacher who will be teaching us fashion studies is so sweet and her sweet nature is truly justified by her name which is Mishti Chakroborty because Mishti means sweet.

We had three sections of biology but to my bad luck I got the same section as Ruchi the devil and to the top of it her minions are also in my class . 2 hours are left for the school to get over and I am already feeling bored and tired .I can't wait for the first day of school to get over as soon as possible.

Only God knows how will I survive in this class with Ruchi ,her minions and the classmates who are more like strangers except only a few students whose only name is known to me plus my best friend Divya is not by my side  all the time. I hope God help me to face Ruchi and her minions .

******CHAPTER  ENDS************