Chapter 25

Next day I got up from my bed. Argh....Yesterday was so tiring and stressful that Today I am in no mood go anywhere . I  just want a cup of coffee and a good novel to read but no matter what life has to go on. Argh...let me get ready for school.  After getting ready for school  ,I depart for school. With same monotony everything continued . Same school lectures , coaching , homework , assignments  and my workaholic parents gone out for work .

Sometimes , I even hate driving because after tiresome day I don't feel like driving the scooty . The Delhi traffic , hot sun and humidity of August makes things worse . Then the googles and the scarf I wear to protect myself  from the hot sun actually adds on to increase the heat on my face  making the heat and suffocation unbearable for me .

Today was another tiring day as school teachers are on their rush to teach and just complete the syllabus till the deadline of 31 August . Important topics are taught swiftly just for the sake of teaching and completing the portion . All my classmates who attend some kind of tuition or coaching are able to cope up with teaching pace of school teachers while the students who don't attend coaching or tuition are found scratching their heads at the end of school lectures because they can't understand anything since the teaching speed of school teachers is quite fast making it difficult to grasp anything for students who are studying that concept for the first time ever .

Today a girl in my class  bursted into  tears because she could not understand even a single word of lecture and she felt overwhelmed with everything taught all in one go and as result the girl cried feeling helpless and thinking of herself as an unintelligent pupil . She could not get along with the swift teaching pace of the school teachers and there might  be many more  students like her.

Many students can't afford coaching due to living in remote areas , financials reasons and lack of transport but it isn't actually their fault and rather it is the responsibility of school  teachers to teach properly with illustrative explanation . But I guess the bulky syllabus , less time and added pressure of examinations  has made our school teachers turn into robot with their ultra speed mode on. Secondly, because everyone wants to crack competitions and in a bid to get extra knowledge to crack tough competitions, everyone joins the rat race to study in a coaching centre.

Well....so  today after attending coach class , I took out my scooty from the parking lot to drive back home . As I  drove through a street , I heard a shriek of a girl . I instantly stopped my scooty . Then I saw a biker who was snatching  a girl's purse . The girl was  crying miserably . Then instinctively I drove behind that thief's motorbike to chase him . His was  unaware that I was chasing him so I tried to chase him swiftly . But then I guess the thief noticed me , so the thief tried to run away . But in an attempt to chase him I doubled my speed and my scooty came next to the thief's bike  . The bikerider  thief  gave a dash in my scooty from his motorbike . But I continued to chase him . I  had again  chased him for a few seconds when abruptly the thief halted his motorbike . I was stunned beyond words seeing  the halted  bike .

Then a chill ran down my spine as the thief walked towards me , I don't  know what to do now. Should I  run away or should I scream for help , I thought to myself .I quickly thought that running away will be cowardly and  screaming for help will be foolishness because the street is completely empty. I mustered all my courage , then I put a bold look on my face and I hid my fear .

But then the motorbike thief gave an evil grin .I was shivering in fear thinking of what could happen next . Then the thief showed me the purse he had stolen . Thief then moved the purse to my side . As  I was  about  to  get hold of the purse, the thief then  moved away the purse to his side and the thief  gave an  evil laugh to me . His laughter which was a gesture of mockery at me , multiplied my anger .

I threatened him to call the police but it didn't affect him .He shamelessly walked towards the girl whose purse he had stolen . He then  tried to drag the girl with him. This enraged me. Argh...what the hell the thief is doing , I need to save this girl . Within a minute, I reached the thief's collar from behind and I pulled the collar aggressively .Even half of his shirt's collar  got torn and the piece of collar came in my hand . I chuckled seeing the piece of collar in my hand .

But I guess my laughter didn't get well with the thief as he snarled abuses at me . Then he tried to come closer to me . My heart would get  fail at any moment with fear but then I remembered the saying  "The one who fears , eventually dies."

The  thief  came  near  me ,my eyes got filled with tears and  I  folded my palm into a fist .  I took a deep breath and then I counted one , two and three. At the count of three , I kicked the thief below his belt . The thief groaned in pain .Then  I signalled the girl to  swiftly come along with me on my scooty. Quickly the girl took her purse which was laying beside the thief , we sat on the scooty and I  drove  my  scooty away  before the thief could get up again .

As we drove , that girl told me her address . As per the address I dropped the girl safely to her home . She thanked me and asked me to come inside her house as she wanted her parents to meet and thank  me  personally . But I politely asked her for leave because I was getting late .

Then I drove back to home , I told Reena didi that I had an extra class because  I didn't want her to worry about me or my safety. After that  I took dinner and I went inside my room. As I completed my homework it was almost mid night .Then I got a call from Chirag, I picked the call. I told Chirag about the thief and he got worried about me . But then I told him what I did to the thief .Hearing about my kicking skill,  first  Chirag was quite but then he bursted into  laugher  fits. His laugh sent peace to my soul. After talking to Chirag for a  few minutes I  hung up the call . As I  closed my eyes I was again dreaming of me and Chirag riding a horse .Then I slept peacefully.

********CHAPTER  ENDS**********