Chapter 39

As I was silently praying for my mom , we reached the hospital. My mom was taken to the OT while I waited outside . I am crying hysterically while Chirag is trying to console me . Then Dad comes infront of us out of the blue . Dad glares at Chirag rudely. Chirag stuttered " Uncle I am Chirag, I am Diya's friend so, I came to help her out". Dad replied " Thanks a lot now I can look after my wife and daughter . You may leave now your parents must be worried for you". Argh...why is dad getting so rude with Chirag who came only to help me and mom. Chirag walked out without saying a single word and I felt guilty because Chirag had to leave abruptly due to my Dad's rude behaviour towards him.

As Chirag left , I sat on a bench . My heart got filled with fear and anxiety as I was getting worried for my mom . I hope my mom become alright again . Then a nurse came to me and said " Sir wants to meet you in his cabin". I gulped and I made my way towards Dad's cabin . Then a stopped in front of a door with the name plate "Ashish Mehra ( Owner of Arogya Hospital , Head Neurologist )". I knocked the door cautiously . Dad said " Come in " in his usual cold tone . I went inside hesitantly . Dad was busy with some files when I entered the room so, I mumbled "Dad you called me here?". Dad looked at me for once then he resumed his work. Is dad ignoring me and mom on purpose ? Dad doesn't care about my mom not even for an ounce because my dad is working normally as if nothing happened to mom , I thought to myself.

Then Dad shouted at me " Have you gone deaf Diya ! I am calling your name and you are not responding like a fool. That woman has not taught you anything . Why the heck did I marry her !". Hearing these words I was shaken but then after gathering some courage I retorted back" Dad you can't talk like this . My mom is the best mother I could ever have . Secondly , don't call my mom 'that woman' because she is your wife and you can't disrespect her!". Dad thundered " Behave Diya or else I will forget that you are my daughter!". I then exclaimed " I wish you were never my dad !".

That very next moment 'bang'! . I literally saw stars and I fall on the ground. My lower lip started hurting and my left cheek had burning hot sensation . I touched my lower lip and argh...it is bleeding .I looked in the mirror nearby and I saw a blue bruise on my cheek and I realised that Dad just gave a tight slap on my face. My eyes got filled with tears as I realised that for the first time Dad raised his hand on me .

Before I could get on my feet , my father shouted " Before raising your voice against me, now do remember this slap! Now get lost and don't you dare tell anyone about your mom's suicide attempt otherwise I will punish you and your dear mom together , I hope you don't want to see your mom dead ".

I felt disgusted by my dad's words and threats so, I ran away towards the parking lot . I took a few deep breaths to calm myself . Then I went in the cafeteria to have some coffee for my headache. I ordered an espresso and I sat on a chair in the corner of the cafeteria . I sipped my coffee then I heard some nurses and ward boys looking at me and whispering something to each other. I really got an urge to eavesdrop their conversation as I thought that they were talking something related to me . So, I thought of a plan . I moved out from the cafeteria then I headed to the lounge which is our private space in our Arogya Hospital and is exclusively only used by Dad, Mom and me .

I then sat on the bean bag kept in our lounge. I quickly made a conference call to Cherry, Taniya and Chirag . Then I told my gang of friends about what transpired between me and my dad today in his cabin . I then asked Cherry and Taniya to quickly come to the hospital and eavesdrop the conversation of the hospital staffers who were gossiping something about me. Cherry and Taniya came to the hospital along with Chirag and they executed everything as planned .

Cherry and Taniya came to the hospital cafeteria in pretext to order coffee and then they secretly recorded the audio of every possible gossip that the nurses and ward boys were doing about me.

Then Cherry and Taniya came to me in the lounge , Chirag too came with them. Cherry made me listen to the audio that she had recorded and I had goosebumps all over my body when I heard the audio.The audio started with a nurse saying "Do you know Naina Maam attempted suicide by consuming sleeping pills". Then another nurse said " Naina Maam was critical but the doctors somehow saved her, Naina Maam will be fine and out of danger soon". Then probably a ward boy spoke " Ashish Sir used his contacts to avoid Police case . I guess there is something fishy in their house . You know what I mean ....big people, big houses have big secrets in them ". Then the audio ended . After this I internally pledged to dig up the truth soon.

I then thought to sleep on the bed in the lounge. But then it clicked my mind " Where is Reena didi? She might know something . But when I entered the house no one was there . Where did Reena didi go? With these questions in my mind I finally slept .

Next day my mom was shifted in normal ward but she didn't speak even a single word to anyone. She didn't hug me back when I embraced her . I enquired mom about Reena didi but my mom sat like a statue and again she didn't utter a single word . In the evening mom got discharged as she is alright now. But mom's silence is irritating me . I need to find the truth asap. My friends called me after dinner to enquire about well being of me and my mom. I slept at night while turning and tossing in the bed as my mind is restless to know the truth about Reena didi and my mom .

*********CHAPTER    ENDS**********